Multiplayer

I have started playing this game like a week ago, and actually like the fact that there is a Multiplayer, BUT i have encountered seval problems with it so far. Unfortunately they are all related to the Community, rather to one person.

I would love to see some improvements implemented, but unfortunately i dont know how hard they are to code.

The thing bothering me most is the fact that one can easily change his identity, even copying another ones.

This concerns me since some guy is trying to ruin my reputation, while mimicking me, in using my name, while im logged off and then hosting games (while i cannot even host games, since i havent forwarded my router), switching the cheat mode to on right befor he presses start, and therefore ruining the multiplayer experiance for the other participants.

This leads me to my second wish for a ready option to be implemented for all players, which requires all players to ready up before the host can start the game, while locking the game settings, to prevent abuse.

I have played alot of RTS, i have seen alot of abuse, but i have never seen a system offering more options than 0ad unfortunately.

Also would the option for Replay be very nice.

Best Regards

LeRag

Edited by LeRag

This leads me to my second wish for a ready option to be implemented for all players, which requires all players to ready up before the host can start the game, while locking the game settings, to prevent abuse.

At least it would be nice to have an option to check the settings while in game.

• Like 1

The problem is, someone is using his name and is destroying his reputation by enabling "cheats" on his server whereas the original LeRag can't host. This scares me a bit too that someone could use my name. I would like to know that if a name in capitol letters and the same name in small letters will get registered separately? For example: My name in game is MMMTheGamer. So, if someone uses the name mmmthegamer to register, will he be successful??

And +1 for "Ready" system.

All usernames are actually lowercase on the backend, the lobby just automatically displays using the casing you typed in on the login screen. For example, if I registered with the username "Josh", I could login using "josh", "jOsH", or even "JOSH". And as the nick system is obfuscated in SVN, you should have much less reason to worry in the next release.

The problem is, someone is using his name and is destroying his reputation by enabling "cheats" on his server whereas the original LeRag can't host. This scares me a bit too that someone could use my name. I would like to know that if a name in capitol letters and the same name in small letters will get registered separately? For example: My name in game is MMMTheGamer. So, if someone uses the name mmmthegamer to register, will he be successful??

And +1 for "Ready" system.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. In the current SVN version, you can only login with your unique jid username set as nick so that no one can take the name "LeRag" from within 0 A.D. if it is already registered to another user. The nick command is also disabled.

Concerning game settings / ready:

I think the game settings should be set before the game is actually hosted so they can't be changed afterwards.

When you choose a game to enter you should see the game settings. Entering the game then counts as "ready".

It's annoying how many PPL enter games before being ready to play and all other players then have to wait for them.

This is the case in many new games and it's a bad idea IMO.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...