I'm Kinda Sad

Opzon

This game looks so beautiful and I recently found out about this game and already love it. I sadly don't believe it's going to get very far because lack of funding. This game reminds me of Age of Mythology and that game was one of my favorite games as a kid. I really hope there is/will be a happy ending to this game and its production.

Now, no one can see the future so who knows what will happen in the end. However, I would actually say we have had more issues with the funding we have received than getting work done without it =)

Though I would say you are "correct" in one of your fears: I don't think work will really ever end on 0 A.D. (well, ever might be taking it too far of course, but for many years). But I hope and believe that it will be in the sense of improving and adding to rather than it never getting to a "1.0" or full release or whatever you want to call it :)

• Like 3

Opzon, you should open your eyes and really look closely at the world around you. Try to see all the kinds of amazing work volunteers are doing around the world. You'd be amazed at how much is being achieved with absolutely no funding whatsoever.

True.

This game is already in the make for years so why sould it not come very far? maybe progress is slow but there is progress.+ look how the game looks mutch better then any AOE

Ya but it doesn't seem like there is much of a fan base for these anymore. I know Planetary Annihilation did good but for whatever reason I feel that is different. (Even though it's not)

Also, the slow progress is a bummer but hey, it's free.

We'll finish the game, funding or not ;-)

(it might take awhile though)

I really hope so. I plan on sticking around here as this truly is a great game and deserve more than what it got on the indiegogo campaign.

Now, no one can see the future so who knows what will happen in the end. However, I would actually say we have had more issues with the funding we have received than getting work done without it =)

Though I would say you are "correct" in one of your fears: I don't think work will really ever end on 0 A.D. (well, ever might be taking it too far of course, but for many years). But I hope and believe that it will be in the sense of improving and adding to rather than it never getting to a "1.0" or full release or whatever you want to call it :)

Glad to hear that.

Edited by Opzon

This game looks so beautiful and I recently found out about this game and already love it. I sadly don't believe it's going to get very far because lack of funding. This game reminds me of Age of Mythology and that game was one of my favorite games as a kid. I really hope there is/will be a happy ending to this game and its production.

What?

• 2 weeks later...

We have quite a bit of money from various fundraisers. The problem is spending it. We are trying to find a good programmer to hire, but hiring programmers is hard. Either way, volunteer work has taken us very far, and I don’t expect that to end any time soon.