[Translation] PT-BR

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, just passing by to say that I recently found out about the game and found it very interesting. I have experience translating games, so I decided to help out on Transifex. I already did some work there. Hope to help. :)

Are there any specific guides I should follow?

Good job with the game!

Edited by MarcosHK

I answer this in other topic. You can join to translate, here we are international team how use English it order discuss. So if is no there a Portuguese speaker or Pt-Br we can translate to this lenguage. Example I was traslate some lines into Spanish. All can contribute. May be ask Fabio(Portuguese speaker member of the team) to how join in translator contributor team.

Ok, let's keep this discussion in this topic. You don't need to answer my other question in the other question (thanks for that reply btw).

I already joined the PT-BR translation team and began translating. I would like to get in touch with who is in charge with brazilian portuguese translation. Can you link me his profile or another contact method? Thanks in advance.

You can see the team members on Transifex and contact the team leader there.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/0ad/language/pt_BR/members/

It is up to the individual language teams how you translate the game. Best send the team leader the message. Your team is big enough to have a proper 2 step process: translate first, then have somebody else review your translation.

IMO the most important thing in software translation is consistent terminology. And of course, make sure the result sounds natural in your own language rather than "tradutorês".

Bem vindo e boa sorte!

Edited by GunChleoc
  • Like 1

It is up to the individual language teams how you translate the game. Best send the team leader the message. Your team is big enough to have a proper 2 step process: translate first, then have somebody else review your translation.

IMO the most important thing in software translation is consistent terminology. And of course, make sure the result sounds natural in your own language rather than "tradutorês".

Bem vindo e boa sorte!

Excellent tips for translator contributor. I can try to reply this. For Spanish speaker who answer same, and other here in the forum.

Bem vindo e boa sorte!

Yeah, very well said. I'm not used to the game yet, so I'm not translating specific stuff at the moment. I began with the more general part and as I get more into the game, I'll be able to translate the specific part better.

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1