Windowed mode

vasikele

when using windowed mode you can't move the camera with your mouse past the point where you begin.The only way is to put the cursor right at the border of the game window and you have to keep it there. Otherwise the cursor goes into the desktop and loses the game window.I think it should stop on the game's window while ingame

Edited by vasikele

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Is there any way to increase the thickness of the border area that triggers the camera movement?  I'm finding it requires far too much precision to hit accurately when one is trying to locate some urgent issue (like an attack)

1 hour ago, AJ15 said:

when one is trying to locate some urgent issue (like an attack)

Just click on the mini-map if it's an attack the relevant units will blink the blink is where you click,very useful for quick navigation all over the map really.

Enjoy the Choice :)

58 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

Just click on the mini-map if it's an attack the relevant units will blink the blink is where you click,very useful for quick navigation all over the map really.

I already know how to use the mini-map, but it is not a very convenient or elegant solution to the problem that I've created by trying to play this game on a system that has more than 1 monitor.  With 2 monitors, in Windowed-mode, 3 of the monitor edges will behave differently than the adjoining edge going to the next screen.

I'm not trying to complain about this game, nor am I looking for help to allow me to play it better, I've been playing the M$ versions of Age of ____ since they came out, and I've gotten accustomed to that interface.  I've been very impressed with this game so far, because it was the first game in installed on my laptop running Debian 8.x, and it is awesome, but when I connect the 2nd monitor, things go wonky.  Since one can't switch out of the game in full-screen mode, and it wants to take over BOTH screens, things don't look right or work as well, and when switching to Windowed-mode, the appearance is restored, but the controls become inconsistent.  I was just suggesting that perhaps a happy medium might be to make the border wider, so one could more easily get the same interface functionality on all 4 sides of a window without needing high-speed surgical accuracy to hit the 1-pixel wide line exactly every time, often in a pinch...

On 6/23/2016 at 9:45 AM, Loki1950 said:

Your preferred solution of increasing the window boundary can not be made fully cross-platform as there are major differences in how Windows,Linux and OSX define and control windows.

Thanks, it was just a thought I had as a suggestion.  Not sure it is a preferred solution without trying it, but I'm willing to?.

I've never tried 0AD under anything but Linux, and I've never even tried playing any games on OSX/Mac (But I'm pretty impressed with 0AD on Debian 8.x, though...  I must infect my wife with this bug so we can try multi-player mode!)  This is so beautiful on my Debian laptop, I don't know why I'd want to switch to a different platform to play it, though.

I have two monitors and my secondary one goes black when in full screen mode which is better than spread across both which happens with most window managers using the Cinnamon desktop though it does not spread :) Yeah don't really like all the overhead that fills memory on Windows.