can't start game Win 7: Function call failed: return value was -110100 (VFS directory not found)

mst

It isn't a problem to run from other partitions dan C:.

At least on my Win XP I've installed 0 A.D. in the D: partition and everything works fine.

Can you confirm that all the files (except logs, etc. created when the game runs) get installed on D:? I wonder if people run out of disk space on C:, so choose to install on another drive/partition, but the installer fails somehow. It's strange that this error has been reported so often.

Can you confirm that all the files (except logs, etc. created when the game runs) get installed on D:? I wonder if people run out of disk space on C:, so choose to install on another drive/partition, but the installer fails somehow. It's strange that this error has been reported so often.

As far as I know, yes. But I do not have the time to check yet, tomorrow I'll do so.

I'm not certain, but I do seem to recall people having had issues in the past when they didn't have enough space on the C drive - not because the game installs to it, but rather that it uses it (to store temporary files or similar) during the installation.

That's a good point and now that you mention it, I've heard that too. But the installer really should fail in that case, that's a kind of serious bug :(

That's a good point and now that you mention it, I've heard that too. But the installer really should fail in that case, that's a kind of serious bug :(

Maybe it does, it might not be related to this at all. I just remembered it :P It would probably be helpful to know if the person encountering these issues have got any free space on the C drive in any case, just ot have one more known variable :)