General Feedback: Buildings on neutral and enemy territory

Romulus

If there's a repair option for the Siege Walls, then that was an oversight. lol. There's no repair for these items for balance purposes. They're meant to be non-permanent.

So I guess now I mentioned it, its going to get changed huh?

lol...

At the moment Mythos_Ruler, its unbalanced. As it is now is totally illogical and insensible.

And buildings should be destroyed with siege weapons. Not units.

Enough said.

You all can disagree with me, but in the end I am right and you know it. But because you don't try and balance this in another way, you compromise realism for something that isn't possible.

So disagree away. I really don't care.

Edited by Romulus

The overall plan is for units to not be able to destroy buildings and instead capture them. Hopefully this will be implemented soon.

It's one of the relatively few remaining planned gameplay features we don't have yet. So indeed, our attention should be turning to it soon :)

Another thing that will change, or should IMO, is the interaction of territories and diplomacy. That is, what happens when your ally expands and takes over some of your buildings. Well currently the territory manager doesn't know anything about diplomacy, so your buildings will start to decay as if they were in enemy territory, but I would argue that shouldn't happen. There is also the possibility of building some things in ally territory.

Really, there's a lot that can change once we have the code in place. It won't be 100% realistic because that's not our goal, rather a balance between historical accuracy and what is most fun and challenging.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

So I guess now I mentioned it, its going to get changed huh?

lol...

At the moment Mythos_Ruler, its unbalanced. As it is now is totally illogical and insensible.

And buildings should be destroyed with siege weapons. Not units.

Enough said.

You all can disagree with me, but in the end I am right and you know it. But because you don't try and balance this in another way, you compromise realism for something that isn't possible.

So disagree away. I really don't care.

Mr. Romulus,

First, Wildfire have gone out and said in thier homepages that usually between realism and better game play, they want to make it better gameplay. Just because romans might have scaled high mountains to get to the punic areas doesn't mean they do in 0A.D.,

and by the way, ever heard of ransacking and razing? Common way of destruction. Mobs burning down homes, markets, even trying to capture, assimilate, or torch castle(not that the latter of the list really worked well in the end for any PO'ed peasents), and don't get snooty with a game it ALPHA!! It isnt even Beta, meaning that all the concepts are either not finalized or implemented into the game. Its like getting PO'ed at Minecraft's alpha version for not being able to mine after a few levels. Its not finished right now, so the best we can do as community members that cant code or make art to support this indev game is to give respectable feedback.

It's one of the relatively few remaining planned gameplay features we don't have yet. So indeed, our attention should be turning to it soon :)

Another thing that will change, or should IMO, is the interaction of territories and diplomacy. That is, what happens when your ally expands and takes over some of your buildings. Well currently the territory manager doesn't know anything about diplomacy, so your buildings will start to decay as if they were in enemy territory, but I would argue that shouldn't happen. There is also the possibility of building some things in ally territory.

Really, there's a lot that can change once we have the code in place. It won't be 100% realistic because that's not our goal, rather a balance between historical accuracy and what is most fun and challenging.

Please say there will be a torch and burn option! I would hate people to just wall or house spam and make us wait to either slowly siege it or wait for it to assimilate loyalties and delete it! That would be the worst!