===[TASK]=== Gladiators

Yes the never where send in to battle with the legions. But for props its nice i think. would be sweet if rome gets something like a colosseum hehe!

By not made, i intended just kept as eyecandy ;)

Well if the animation permits it I'd like to see the same thing as the cyclops in AOM

The armor in humanoid units are in texture, obviously this don't happens with swords or helmets.

Well, then I won't bother to texture the armors, but anyway, i haven't seen the new dude model, nor have seen if the little skirt was part of it. If its not, the model won't look good.

1389647982-helmeta0.jpg
Edited by stanislas69

I have the impression that the eyecandy tasks threads should have some kind of identifier or tag to diferentiate them from the main tasks.

As said before, armors are painted in the texture rather than modeled.

Some props in the first post look like they have more trianges than needed, but can't be sure without a shot showing the wireframes.

And one very important thing, seeing the armor textured shot that Stan posted: keep in mind that we can't use images found around the internet as textures, we must be sure that the images are licensed as CC-BY-SA 3.0 or public domain and credit the image author if requested. I say this because it can be clearly seen the watermark in the red fabric texture you used which is sign that it is copyrighted.

Will do that next time ==[EYECANDY][TASK]== for Example.
I needed some practise on armors too, that's why I did them, also, would be nice to have them, since there are armor props to make, because it would be nice for a scenario.

Sorry bout the texture, didn't have time to make one from scratch, can't get that wavy feel.

Will do that next time ==[EYECANDY][TASK]== for Example.

I needed some practise on armors too, that's why I did them, also, would be nice to have them, since there are armor props to make, because it would be nice for a scenario.

Sorry bout the texture, didn't have time to make one from scratch, can't get that wavy feel.

It's ok if you made them for practice, but body armors won't work in the unit meshes because they're animated and the armors aren't, and they will look weird having a static armor while the unit is moving and making different poses.

Helmets are different, since they're always on the head and they are propped on the unit and will follow the head movements, but they don't need to be deformed in the animation.

If you want to get them as eyecandy, it will need to have some kind of stand or wood structure or table to support them.

I think you might be spending a bit to many polys considering how very small these will be in game.

Also, you have plenty of ngons which you will need to work out (see corners of shields), or the will be converted to triangles automatically (and probably not as well as doing it manually). Quads are usually ok unless they are very distorted, but you have 10 corner polygons in some places.

Also, eyecandy stuff is made to be placed in the scenario editor. So it's nice if there are many small eyecandy pieces, so the scenario designer can choose the placement of those things. Else you get too many repetition over the different maps.

I don't know if you mean this as a single eyecandy object, but IMO, it would be better to split it up in a few.

• Like 2

I think you might be spending a bit to many polys considering how very small these will be in game.

Also, you have plenty of ngons which you will need to work out (see corners of shields), or the will be converted to triangles automatically (and probably not as well as doing it manually). Quads are usually ok unless they are very distorted, but you have 10 corner polygons in some places.

I will fix the Ngons stuff, i didn't notice, I try to keep quads as much as possible but sometimes, with the chamfer i don't see. I can't really reduce the number of polys of the helmets so I hope you're talking about the swords...

Also, eyecandy stuff is made to be placed in the scenario editor. So it's nice if there are many small eyecandy pieces, so the scenario designer can choose the placement of those things. Else you get too many repetition over the different maps.

I don't know if you mean this as a single eyecandy object, but IMO, it would be better to split it up in a few.

It will be single eyecandy. Just keep everything here not to make too many posts and/or topics.

Actually, maybe your insistance on quads are limiting your options. The handles on the swords are a bit overdone, but round things (which are always tedious) can also be reduced, for example a typical case:

post-15430-0-41469100-1389825145_thumb.p
Even at fairly close distance you can barely tell the objects apart, and the left one has 84 triangles while the right one only has 36.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...