===[COMMITTED]=== Seleucid Structures

LordGood

Actually there was such a thing as an octagonal tower in Athens that did not serve so much as a defence than as a clock, possessing multiple sundials on each side and and a water clock. If I am not mistaken, this was called The Tower of the Winds, but that was from the Roman period.

NiHniR6.png

Yeah, don't looks military,behave a nice relief above.

I'm not saying Lordgood proposal is wrong, is very beatiful. Only I'm asking some doubts that I have, don't hate me for that.

Only is pure curiosity about Judean Hellenistic towers and Age of Empires I towers.

I want not believe AOE have totally inaccuracy from somewhere the artist take the inspiration.

It's alright lion, I'm happy to get feedback. Round tower sounded like fun too lol.

made a few more edits to the pack, despite the debate earlier this is turning out more hellenistic than I intended

oh well

I might just hold off making more buildings until Enrique or Pureon give me the go-ahead. These are just to see how the textures look in a civic/military/domestic setting.

post-14999-0-18335600-1419649601_thumb.p

post-14999-0-48855400-1419649602_thumb.p

• Like 4

lol I lied, made another house

need to put some playercolor strips on it though

changed the texture file too, its all filled in, but use it at your own risk, it's still subject to change, and scrapping altogether.

And please give me some feedback on these textures, guys. If anything looks weird or out of place, or you think the color should be different, let me know. Like I said I don't do this very often, and I painted most of these by hand. I've been staring at them long enough now, that what may seem like an obvious flaw is invisible to me.

If any other team artists or councilors want to take a shot with them, be my guest, but let me know if there are any problems or anything you think is missing. Like Enrique said, these are going to take a bit of troubleshooting before it becomes a mature pack.

Edit: Playercolor strip is on now

post-14999-0-91336300-1419823878_thumb.p

post-14999-0-77141200-1419823884_thumb.p

post-14999-0-62036800-1419824331_thumb.p

post-14999-0-95194100-1419828239_thumb.p

• Like 2

The brick texture looks a bit chunky to me like it was made out of very low polys maybe make it more smooth. It looks nice from your screenshots too.

The windows still have neat trails, like you drew them with a pencil, maybe blur them a little bit.

Also, I'd suggest you use the new barrels textures I made some time ago.

post-12287-0-79989200-1419843406_thumb.j

• Like 2

mmm, alright

Brick relief isnt quite as strong

Put the stone block splits ALL the way around the window this time... lol durr

Less willing to make the barrels that dark, Aleppo pine is a light-red lumber to begin with, and from what I've seen wood tends to bleach in dry sunny terrain, and darken in wet cool climates. I could be wrong though

even still, those would contrast way too much and compete with darks of the windows-

post-14999-0-46233100-1419851326_thumb.p

post-14999-0-36515900-1419851794_thumb.p

When you can commit it? This way I can aprecciate by my own computer

I'd like to wait for the more veteran texture artists to give me the go-ahead first, otherwise I'd just be making extra work

maybe

I dunno, screw it. I'll put them in after I get two more house variations in and AO'd