===[COMMITTED]=== Seleucid Structures

LordGood

1 hour ago, niektb said:

25th is the feature freeze date. The actual release is a few weeks later

Indeed, and just to clarify for those who might not know what we mean by feature freeze: after that no new features will be added to the game, just fixes to bugs we find in the mean time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, feneur said:

Indeed, and just to clarify for those who might not know what we mean by feature freeze: after that no new features will be added to the game, just fixes to bugs we find in the mean time.

Well, changing one model for another isn't a big deal, right? It doesn't break translation strings.

It's probably not an issue no, but we have to think about things from all angles. And then it would both be encouraging to the other developers to see something new added soon after the release, and nice to have something to show to the fans as well so people know that we're still working on the game. 

• Like 1

Look good. Hmm, but they are not wooden... I think that is require for a wooden tower?

I hate the two defense tower mechanic any rate (that's not your fault though).Why have wooden tower and stone tower be different entity when you can use upgrade to make the wooden towers to stone? Either tech or upgrade mechanics would work.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love Library and Colony though!! #rockarolla  I think the columns are too fat and stubby, but that's a problem I have with the whole set (cartoon), but at least it's consistency.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Hmm, but they are not wooden... I think that is require for a wooden tower? Look good though.

I hate the two defense tower mechanic any rate (that's not your fault though).Why have wooden tower and stone tower be different entity when you can use upgrade to make the wooden towers into stone? Either tech or upgrade mechanics would work. 

--Entity upgrade -- 

--

@LordGood

yes why have stone, or is a texture place holder?

why don't give to outpost some variants too?

Towers could be like in AoM in which you could upgrade wooden towers to watch towers and then to guard tower by using some resources. I think this is cool because you don't have to destroy the previous tower to build the new one, and it's also faster. Per example, Iberians towers are really overpowered compared with the others so I suggest that the 10 men tower should be an upgrade of the age III. I just give my opinion. ^_^

SentryTowerAoM => WatchTowerAoM => GuardTowerAoM

Sorry for this little off topic.

Edited by Tiber7
  • Like 2

my goal isn't to make them look completely wooden, but to make them consistent with the other 'wooden' buildings of each civ.

already have 5 of these things done, I'll open a new topic soon.

i do like the idea of individually upgradeable towers more than bulk upgrade. These towers look adorable mixed in with other faction buildings lol.

• Like 2