===[COMMITTED]=== Seleucid Structures

LordGood

Great structure LordGood! :)

The only thing that looks weird to me is the 4-sided higher roof. Maybe a double-sided one would look less odd. (and the stretched brick texture in the chimney)

And about suggestions, I'd suggest to halven the cloth in the lower part of the building. Currently cloth is covering a very big part of it, let it shine.

I agree that the 4 triangle roof look kind of Chinese maybe? Gables on each end would probably look more Greek. Orherwise it is nice. And like Lion said, don't forget 'garrisoned' prop point. :)

EDIT: I think the cloth texture is way too specular. Look like plastic in the game! :)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

On 10/05/2016 at 6:10 PM, s0600204 said:

Very nice. I really like the look of the Seleucid buildings.

Incidentally, d'you maybe want to remove the Macedonian props from the `death` variant in the actor file? At the moment this happens when the market is destroyed in-game:

f4mVJNF.jpg

Yep, the Macedonian barracks pops in for the ride into the ground! :P (Appears on the death of the Seleucid barracks as well, although that's not as obvious.)

still there in latest svn, these props should be removed from art/actors/structures/seleucids/market.xml

It seems that the blacksmith template might be broken? none of the blacksmiths are showing the garrison flags. I knew I put in a flag point, and it shows in the actor viewer when set to garrisoned, but doesn't update on garrisoning troops.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LordGood said:

It seems that the blacksmith template might be broken? none of the blacksmiths are showing the garrison flags. I knew I put in a flag point, and it shows in the actor viewer when set to garrisoned, but doesn't update on garrisoning troops.

The seleucid one shows his flag

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Stuff changed, and I fixed the new actor meanwhile: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/18332

But perhaps you also need to update to have garrison flags on the other Seleucid buildings: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/18321

Basically, I needed to make the garrison flag independent from the animation to support the flag on siege towers, but as the buildings had the "garrison" variant next to the "Idle" variant, when making it independent, the selection contained both the "Idle" and "garrison" selection strings (as "Idle" is the name of the default animation), so it resorted to randomness according to the frequency, and always resulted in the "Idle" state.

Edit: but you're right that many blacksmith buildings didn't have a garrison variant, and I didn't add one when altering the variants, as I don't know if the buildings have a garrison prop point (and I didn't feel like testing them all).

1 hour ago, sanderd17 said:

Edit: but you're right that many blacksmith buildings didn't have a garrison variant, and I didn't add one when altering the variants, as I don't know if the buildings have a garrison prop point (and I didn't feel like testing them all).

IMHO all building mesh should be made with garrison and projectile prop point, whether at this point you know they shoot and garrison or not. Artist never know what kind of modding or even what turn the official game will take. For instance, I don;t think many of the house model have garrison flag points, sadly. This might be a good task for a new contributor (or maybe we'd trust a long time contributor more to put the points in more aesthetic places).

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

12 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

IMHO all building mesh should be made with garrison and projectile prop point, whether at this point you know they shoot and garrison or not. Artist never know what kind of modding or even what turn the official game will take. For instance, I don;t think many of the house model have garrison flag points, sadly. This might be a good task for a new contributor (or maybe we'd trust a long time contributor more to put the points in more aesthetic places).

When/If  @sanderd17 finishes #3983/#131 We will need prop points for flammes/decay, so that will be a good time for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...