Romans need a little bit of rethinking for balance purposes.

Dancing

Ok I explain you, today in my first match I explore the map, I do a first encounter, a lite skirmish with my explorer, after that the player build a palisade, so my mate a boomer build a big army and I say the red are more weaker, he resigns my mate was Persian me Mauryan, and after we go for the Greek but he too resign.

In the new my mate was very effective.

And the I play 3 v3 and again the other two guys were defeated. Even I lose a single building, I was Ptolemaic , was very laggy game.

Well, whatever, how can one host a server? Leper just banned me, so I wanna just host my own server how does one go about doing so? I didn't realize the server is PG 13, and I wanna have a server for adults.

I kicked you. I didn't ban you (yet) as using racial slurs isn't the kind of tone we want in our lobby.
  • Like 3

This thread is still active??? I thought we finished this.

I take that as an insult, because I believe I am revealing a legitimatly unbalanced feature of a civilization and your response to my protest is "oh he is just a newb, that's why he lost." That's disrespectful and insulting. Because 1) we didn't lose, and 2) I was disattisfied with that match, because I thought the design philosphy behind 0 a.d. was formations and unit composition and economic management matter more than just pure APM. I respected that idea, and outlook. I think what you can do with the Romans now not only spits in the face of that very idea, but is just poor game design either in oversight or by accident.

Excuse me? Poor game design? Then you clearly have no idea what an RTS is son. And I don't find your comments very welcoming and it is in itself insulting to the 0 A.D. team WHO have created a perfect RTS in it's own right.

That is being extremely disingenuous to us on here, all because of your inability to cope and strategize in a strategy game.

Edited by Romulous
  • Like 1

Also, the dev team is now aware of it and steps have been taken to correct it.

Just got a question asking what I meant by this. In case someone else wonders too I'll put it here as well: The siege walls have had their crush armor reduced to be the same amount as the ordinary walls (previously it was 10 while it was 5 for ordinary walls, now it's 5 for both). Any further changes either way will require more playtesting :)

• Like 2