0 a.d. doesn start

Gazourmah

• 4 weeks later...

Can I get some help here as well?

Windows 10. Played a few games over past couple days, today cannot open the game, despite reinstallation.

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x0000001C)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 42 (?)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

I'm unsure how to extract the crashlog files so could use instructions on that. 

>	pyrogenesis.exe!CShaderTechnique::BeginPass(int pass=0) Line 134	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!CLogger::Render() Line 215	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!Render() Line 263	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!Frame() Line 416	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!RunGameOrAtlas(int argc=1, const char * * argv=0x00cb0008) Line 632	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!SDL_main(int argc=1, char * * argv=0x00cb0008) Line 678	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!main_utf8(int argc=1, char * * argv=0x00cb0008) Line 126	C	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!wmain(int argc=1, unsigned short * * wargv=0x0072ac48, unsigned short * wenvp=0x00738f70) Line 151	C	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() Line 623	C	Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!CallStartupWithinTryBlock() Line 364	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	kernel32.dll!74f88484()	Unknown	Non-user code. Symbol loading disabled by Include/Exclude setting.
 	[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for kernel32.dll]		Annotated Frame

Looking at the call stack, disabling GLSL and postprocessing should do the trick.

• Like 2

Thank you guys for the hints but I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right what you told me to.

What I did is I created a local.cfg text file that includes ONLY the following text.

preferglsl = false
postproc = false

And I've inserted the text file in here: user\AppData\Local\0ad\config

Am I doing this right? I've searched through the help sections but that's all I was able to find. Never in my life have I done anything even remotely similar to changing configuration files. 

Nonetheless the abovementioned solution does not yield any results. Same error pops up. 

Also the thing that bothers me is why did this happen in the first place? I've played a few games before without any changing any settings whatsoever. And then out of a sudden, this came up. Why? 

Edited by Thanty

Also, when I tried to reinstall the game, during installation I've got the attached error message 

It says: Error while oppening a file to save

cancel to cancel installation, try againn to try again (nothing happens when I do) or skip to skip saving this file

Any idea what's the cause / fix of this?? 

2018-06-29 21_27_15-Instalator 0 A.D..png

3 minutes ago, Thanty said:

Also, when I tried to reinstall the game, during installation I've got the attached error message 

It says: Error while oppening a file to save

cancel to cancel installation, try againn to try again (nothing happens when I do) or skip to skip saving this file

Any idea what's the cause / fix of this?? 

2018-06-29 21_27_15-Instalator 0 A.D..png

I don't speak Polish? but I guess it doesn't have the permission to write that file ?
Do you have an antivirus running in the background ?
Have you tried to install the game somewhere else ?

I've translated all it says in the box in the message above.

"It says: Error while oppening a file to save

cancel to cancel installation, try againn to try again (nothing happens when I do) or skip to skip saving this file"

Yes, I have tried to save it elsewhere (even just now) with no luck. And no, there is no antivirus in the background.

Did I perform the actions above correctly? 

preferglsl = false
postproc = false

• 1 year later...

For some reason, whenever I try to start the game, I get this message. 

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x8C00A781)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

I seek a way to fix this. Please, respond to this.

Hello @Wardoctor,

I guess you are at windows. Do you have graphic card by intel?

In any case. Please disable postprocessing in graphic settings of the game. If you crash again, disable glsl. Then it should work.

In case it will still crash please locate crashlog files and post them here with you system inforamtions.

( If you do not know where to find crashlog files take a look here: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths )

Have a nice day :) 

• 1 year later...