Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

Sorry I mixed it up: loyalty is going to be added in the course of conversion functionality. Not stamina. We will have to add a stamina GUI bar ourselves. No idea how to do it, but well, perhaps someone picks it up by getting inspiration from how the health bar is created.

Sorry, I didn't read all this 136-pages thread, so I hope I don't repeat something.

Mainly 2 things that I would really like to be implemented:

1) Archers go on top or inside walls (depending on the kind of wall and civilization).

2) Walls and buildings should be almost not be affected by arrows, swords or any non-crushing weapon. This could be a game changer, but that is something that I feel it doesn't make so much sense in AOM. So, in order to destroy a wall, you need to use special weapons as catapults, rams, etc.

my 2 cents.

Sorry, I didn't read all this 136-pages thread, so I hope I don't repeat something.

Mainly 2 things that I would really like to be implemented:

1) Archers go on top or inside walls (depending on the kind of wall and civilization).

2) Walls and buildings should be almost not be affected by arrows, swords or any non-crushing weapon. This could be a game changer, but that is something that I feel it doesn't make so much sense in AOM. So, in order to destroy a wall, you need to use special weapons as catapults, rams, etc.

my 2 cents.

1 its done for next alpha

2 we make this before and din't work

I badly need the possibility to limit the frame rate. I'm getting ~60 fps when I start playing, but as I play and my laptop heats up, it drops rapidly. If I could limit the frame rate I could probably play much longer.

You can limit the processor usage per-process:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/cpu-usage-limiter-for-linux/

You could even have another command running to go full throttle after two hours.

Are we ever going to have naval transport? And when is the conversion/loyalty going to be implemented? Are we ever going to have espionage?

Hmm, what about directional spawning (up on a cliff or something)?

Gran can be good a unit invisible by other units like SC2.

Spy cloak and outpost have a ability to detect him.

Instead of invisibility I like spies in Red Alert more: they could disguised themselves as enemy units. Also in addition to outposts, war dogs and enemy spies could also detects spies. I wonder if guard tower should be able to detect them too since logically tower is too high to distinguish spy from friendly unit and besides what else is the reason to build outposts?

The process for publishing mods is under development (currently making a mod manager, which will be expanded to mod downloader in the future).

As for learning to mod, our wiki has a lot of info: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki (though also some outdated info). But you can also look at existing modding projects, like the mods by CoM: https://github.com/0ADMods

• Like 2

I am skeptical that the team will integrate spies into the game myself, yet a mod is a very feasible way to see them incorporated in game

I'm with you in this is more easily implement patch or gameplay in our mods.

You can suggest that for our council and someone else do it in order to test improve.

You can join as Historian expert.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Instead of invisibility I like spies in Red Alert more: they could disguised themselves as enemy units. Also in addition to outposts, war dogs and enemy spies could also detects spies. I wonder if guard tower should be able to detect them too since logically tower is too high to distinguish spy from friendly unit and besides what else is the reason to build outposts?

making them invisible and detectable only by certain units and buildings would be much, MUCH easier, though

Something that i noticed while playing as the Bretons was that the units with shields,when collecting resources,they disappeared.

I think a cool feature would be that when a soldier collects a resource,his equipment (weapon,shield,etc...)would go on his back,instead of disappearing.

Hello everyone! First post! (no, posting first posts in the suggestions forum is not ominous)Just tried one game, really liked it but had to clear some doubts:

1.You can't build forward, except with a particular building. Wouldn't it be better to give players the creative freedom to build towers or castles forward? Not insulting it, its good, since it prevents stuff like being walled in, but isn't it good to see some forward bulding push sometimes?

2.Why require you to build 5 buildings from that stage?

3.Why do we have to have treasures on the map? Its like boar placement in AoE2, which is putting in an un-necessary luck factor.

4.And finally, why does building buildings take so much time? What is the principle behind that?

Hello everyone! First post! (no, posting first posts in the suggestions forum is not ominous)Just tried one game, really liked it but had to clear some doubts:

1.You can't build forward, except with a particular building. Wouldn't it be better to give players the creative freedom to build towers or castles forward? Not insulting it, its good, since it prevents stuff like being walled in, but isn't it good to see some forward bulding push sometimes?

2.Why require you to build 5 buildings from that stage?

3.Why do we have to have treasures on the map? Its like boar placement in AoE2, which is putting in an un-necessary luck factor.

4.And finally, why does building buildings take so much time? What is the principle behind that?

Hey and welcome:)

1) I think it's a design choice. Offensive civ centers near the opponent, followed by other buildings are not uncommon though.

2) Design choice again I think, but it works without problem imo, as requiring less or no buildings works as well. Not sure exactly what's behind it.

3) I've found treasures to be a huge advantage to people knowing the map, I could often gather almost all of them even vs good players. So I'm with you on that one. There's also a little randomness factor but that's not that big of an issue for me since I'm not a very hardcore player.

4) You can always use more workers to speed it up and I think it's pretty fine, but that also depends on the game pace each player likes.

• Like 3

Hi all, here are my suggestions:

1. Chariots need more power (especially the britons chariots as at the moment there is no point in building them cos cav skirim are better as they cost less resources and have the same amount of power :P).

2. Catapults need to be dubbed down (or have a set limit on how many you can build) because it is very hard if you are a civ who does not have catapults to defend against a civ who does (more so when they build like 30 catapults guarded by lots of archers and spearmen as well as a fort).

3. Forts need to stop gaining so much territory because people are just forting their way to victory which is stupid (you should be destroying your enemy with army's not buildings).

4. Please let the AI do something if a player/teammate leaves half way through a game.

• Like 1

I have some simple suggestions, I hope they could be put into consideration:

1. Decreasing default popcap to 100. Since large army can cause lags, I think 100 popcap is more suitable for default experience instead of current default popcap (300). I know this will make the game less epic on high-end computers but I hope this could prevent new player from being discouraged because their first playing experience is lagging. AoE.II has default popcap set to 75 and still awesome as it is.
  2. Change 'Learn to play' to 'Help'. It's probably just me, but I expect a learning/tutorial campaign when I click 'Learn to play' button. I think it should be changed to just 'help' and put the button just above 'exit'.
  3. Integrate 'Language' menu in Options panel.

Thank you

• Like 2

Decreasing default popcap to 100. Since large army can cause lags, I think 100 popcap is more suitable for default experience instead of current default popcap (300). I know this will make the game less epic on high-end computers but I hope this could prevent new player from being discouraged because their first playing experience is lagging. AoE.II has default popcap set to 75 and still awesome as it is.

It was decided that such a move will decrease our current resolve to improve the pathfinder ASAP. But you can still play the game with 150 pop cap and enjoy it if you like.

• Stan` featured this topic