Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

Other ideas:

A way to specify facing of a formation.  Rise of Nations and Rise and Fall had this.  It'll be extremely useful to Greek and Hellenes factions where formation facing is key.

Also, to aide in units fighting in formation, and micro-ing of formations, possibly we could do like what Rise and Fall did; once single units were grouped in a formation, selecting a single unit in the formation once would select the entire formation, while double clicking on that unit would select just that unit.

A mechanic to give back building to an ally.  Example:  My Roman ally had three barracks captured by Carthage.  I captured the barracks for myself, but I couldn't give them back to my ally, who sorely needed them.

And finally, a small detail, could possibly garrison flags match the faction that occupies the building.  Example:  Carthage had garrisoned units in Rome's barracks, put the garrison flag was still Roman.  Just a small detail.

• 4 weeks later...

More ideas:

Like Rise and Fall, an embark/disembark function for ships.  Basically, it just locks (or unlocks) a ship on the shore.  So when units are told to board, the vessel doesnt move, and make boarding difficult.

Idea two:

Once necessary animations are done, perhaps we could have different rest and movement anims for different stances.  Example: AoE 3 infantry.  Once could tell if a unit was in defensive, standground, agressive, or patroling.

• Like 2

HI guys, read a many posts but i am very green in this space. I have noticed campaigns seems to be off the boil but my suggestion may work in or out of campaigns. My suggestion is to give a unfair advantage to one or other civilization by having games to increase accuracy for bowman faster soldiers better horses and the such. would be like a game within game. A ancient Olympics as such?

•  Running
  •  Combat
  •  Pentathlon
  • Equestrian
  • Like 1

i don't know if this has been brought up before, but one thing i'd recommend is to put docks on the list of buildings that a civ can have and still lose--it's kind of annoying playing against AI players like i do and the very last thing a civ has, which is way the hell out of the way from where the central hub of their civ was, is a random dock that doesn't even have anyone depositing resources at it

4 hours ago, oshron said:

i don't know if this has been brought up before, but one thing i'd recommend is to put docks on the list of buildings that a civ can have and still lose--it's kind of annoying playing against AI players like i do and the very last thing a civ has, which is way the hell out of the way from where the central hub of their civ was, is a random dock that doesn't even have anyone depositing resources at it

You can play with "Conquest Units" victory condition enabled.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2016 at 7:14 PM, Phalanx said:

Other ideas:

A way to specify facing of a formation.  Rise of Nations and Rise and Fall had this.  It'll be extremely useful to Greek and Hellenes factions where formation facing is key.

Also, to aide in units fighting in formation, and micro-ing of formations, possibly we could do like what Rise and Fall did; once single units were grouped in a formation, selecting a single unit in the formation once would select the entire formation, while double clicking on that unit would select just that unit.

That feature is ( the formations) it's called battalions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

It can be nice change the animation for capture, I saw some people confused about this.

They are not "new". They are attack animations with fork. They even have attack sounds. It looks exactly like attack. They are capturing the building by sticking it with a fork.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

13 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

They are not "new". They are attack animations with fork. They even have attack sounds. It looks exactly like attack. They are capturing the building by sticking it with a fork.

what i'd recommend is to take some inspiration from Empire Earth II, which also had a capturing feature (though 0ad's functions is much better). in EE2, when units (just infantry in that one) are told to capture a building, they walk up to it and essentially start saber-rattling, raising their weapons over their heads and shaking them as it looks like they're shouting (but there's no special sound for that). for 0ad, it could be done with cavalry by their horses rearing up, and units with shields could bang their weapons against them.

Edited by oshron
  • Like 2

On 16/4/2005 at 4:17 AM, Septimus said:

how about having to have a unit garrisoned into the towers for them to work (ie attack)? Then surprise attacks would actually be surprise attacks instead of warning the player as soon as the enemy is within the tower's LOS.

It's really nice idea adding this with an input message and may be a sound.

• Stan` featured this topic