Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

I introduced a French friend to 0 A.D. he was playing the Romans, and I noticed that when one places the military camp not in one's territory (like it's supposed to be used) you loose it to Gaia basically instantly. I think that watchtowers and military camps should be immune to territory, to maintain their functionality.

Edited by SeleucidKing
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gruntis said:

I find that my traders die a lot because they take the shortest path (?) which often unfortunately happen to be through enemy territory. Is there any possibility for custom routes to be added for traders?

just use shift + click to add to "transit points"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mimo said:

When creating a trade route, select your first market, then use the shift key to add some points along the route you want to follow and then to select the second market.

can be nice added to quick tip in loading screen, I can used your quote(exactly yours words) to make the tip and make myself as contribution?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if these have been mentioned already or are already being worked on but here are a few of my suggestions.

-- Timelines for the post-game statistics. Everybody loves timelines (or maybe I'm just obsessed with them).

Examples: Overall Score, Economy Score, Population, Resources Gathered, Buildings Built, Trade Income, Etc.

-- Active abilities for special units like Heroes. Perhaps start with (n)one ability and gain more with experience.

Examples: Rally (Heal), Battle Cry (Speed/Damage), Commander's Horn (Damage/Armor)

-- Option to set the default stance for all soldiers you make.

Edited by Argos

19 hours ago, Argos said:

Not sure if these have been mentioned already or are already being worked on but here are a few of my suggestions.

-- Timelines for the post-game statistics. Everybody loves timelines (or maybe I'm just obsessed with them).

Examples: Overall Score, Economy Score, Population, Resources Gathered, Buildings Built, Trade Income, Etc.

(Third entry)

trac ticket: #3403

• Like 1

A couple of things I've been thinking about:

• Composite units - One, it can be very hard to double click moving units, it frustrates me all the time, especially during engagements with the enemy. Two, formations don't have to exist for heterogeneous selections of units. Both gameplay-wise and historically, I don't know of any reason why anybody would mix spearmen, archers and cavalry into a single fighting line. My idea is to make formations exclusive to a selection of units of the same type, and when you click a formation, you would automatically turn your selection into a composite unit. You would select the whole group with a single click and the individual units are no longer selectable. To break it, click "no formation".
  • Icons for control groups - I like the fact the control groups are visible and clickable. It's a great idea. It's hard to reach all the numbers with just one hand on the keyboard. I don't really like the way they look, though. Why not make them cuter and easier to use by giving them different icons? If the group is made of units of the same type, put the unit icon on the control group icon. For example, I like to put all of my Civic Centers into one control group, so the group would have the Civic Center icon. I use such groups for all of my buildings, so at least that should be simple enough. If my group is all soldiers, let the icon be some generic soldier-related thing like a helmet icon. Slightly more complicated: If they are all cavalry make the icon some generic horse. same for siege units. Some of the suitable icons are already present in the game.
  • Oddly enough, I wanted to suggest this exact thing

Alt + Left Drag over units on map: Only select military units

But for some reason I thought, "Wait, it would be really stupid if this already exists in the game, better check", and there it is :) Awesome.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I've been playing lately on a20 and I would like to suggest something about champions.

I think that the fact that some civs have champ available in barracks, some in temples, some in fortress is a huge unbalance and won't be easy to make it fair. 
Until now I thought that the solution could be to have all civ able to produce champ from barracks but playing on a20 made me change my mind. On a20 basically people rush for champions and it is kind of boring. 

So I think that instead of putting all the champs in barracks, no civ should be able to produce them from barracks. All civ should have champs only available in fotress (or unique building). It would be more balanced and would reduce the champs race that we can see on a20.

What do you think?

Alex

EDIT:
I just saw this: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Alpha21?version=43
Looking forward to see the balance on a21, the new train time on barracks is really good for the gameplay I think. My suggestion above might not have any sense on a21..

Edited by Alekusu
  • Like 1

Hi team, 

first of all thanks a lot for all your hard work ! That's really a great game you've done ! 

Regarding my suggestions, here are a few ideas: 

• a shortcut for selecting buildings (you can do it via a group number but you have to redefine it every time a new building is up)
  • a shortcut for choosing the buildings to construct (press H to build a House when a citizen is selected for example)
  • an option to change the window scroll speed, which can be too slow / too fast depending on the map size
  • a possibility to have the computer giving up at the end of the game when it's just left with two citizens versus 200 soldiers... this avoids running all around for two citizens and avoids useless bloodbath...  
  • i'm also a big fan of timelines in the stats screen (already proposed above)
  • for this forum topic, maybe include in the first post a summary of all the proposals already accepted / rejected / in development... probably better for you to avoid having people suggesting five times the same thing, as a few of my ideas probably were already 

Thanks a lot for your work and good continuation ! 

Edited by TonyIer

44 minutes ago, TonyIer said:

for this forum topic, maybe include in the first post a summary of all the proposals already accepted / rejected / in development... probably better for you to avoid having people suggesting five times the same thing, as a few of my ideas probably were already 

The trouble is that someone has to do it :unsure: and it's hard to motivate someone spending the time it takes to go through 126 pages in this topic + the rest of the forums + Trac (our bug tracker which also has some tasks and planned/suggested features). That would be quite a lot of time spent on not improving the game. It's certainly something that would be useful, so if you or anyone else wants to spend some time on it that would certainly be appreciated :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, sphyrth said:

I sent a woman to gather stone. When she has 5/10, I sent her to gather wood... wasting all the stone she gathered. Is that supposed to happen, or will that be patched up?

That is meant to happen. If you want to be sure she drops off the stone first shift-click on a dropsite, then on the trees to gather wood. That way she'll drop off the stone first and after that move on to gather wood :)

• Like 1

The diplomacy button while requesting ally support, there may be other 2 buttons : allies with ... dissolve alliance with ... so that those who wish may make a request of alliance with IA , he must decide whether to join or not , otherwise occur after ally dissolve the alliance , but the IA must accept the proposals but also reject them , a system similar to the rise of nation ...

On 22/07/2016 at 11:06 PM, imperium said:

The diplomacy button while requesting ally support, there may be other 2 buttons : allies with ... dissolve alliance with ... so that those who wish may make a request of alliance with IA , he must decide whether to join or not , otherwise occur after ally dissolve the alliance , but the IA must accept the proposals but also reject them , a system similar to the rise of nation ...

The Advanced diplomacy 

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/3623

so there are many other, but not right now.

On 22/7/2016 at 11:11 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

La diplomazia avanzata 

così ci sono molti altri, ma non in questo momento.

On 22/7/2016 at 11:11 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

La diplomazia avanzata 

così ci sono molti altri, ma non in questo momento.

ability to customize the name of the civic center , specializing with a symbol that the first city center , is the capital ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Stan` featured this topic