Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

First of all, for praise: This is awesome! As a longtime player of Empire Earth (by the same folks as AoE), I found the gameplay and interface so intuitive you could have tricked me into thinking it was a beta version of EE. Plus the music is great and the graphics are impressive, and there are a few neat features that EE never had. I LOVE that you can make soldiers do work. That said, I have a couple suggestions based on what I like about EE.

1) Command groups. You select a bunch of units, assign them a designation with a number key, and when you press that key, all of those units are simultaneously selected.

2) Paused micromanagement. Some people might consider this cheating. Sue me. You pause the game, give orders, unpause it, and they are carried out.

3) I've read various things about an attack-move command, but I came to the tenuous conclusion that it wasn't implemented yet. If it has been, I do apologize.

4) This is a pretty bold suggestion, but I can dream: Use this engine and the experience from this game to make a stone-space age civilization/rts like Empire Earth! God I would love that. I would help, if, you know, I knew how to program beyond "hello world." I will be making a donation to the project when I get paid again though.

Keep up the epic work! Finding this game has made me very excited!

This can be possibly but is needed the game is finish and bring many modders and fans. Something like to 7-20 to team focused in a era.

Spectator mode would be nice. Some people like to watch others to see how to play.

About recording would that be possible without too much lag ?

Recording more or less works already, there might be a few things needed for proper replayability (I don't think e.g. camera movements etc are recorded), but generally that part works.The big thing though is to actually make it possible to play it back, the existing code just plays it back automatically without anything being displayed. So it's not as if it works as-is, but the recording part works.

• Like 1

There is a patch to display recordings, but it's very hacky. It's like you're in a normal game, the units just move automatically (by recorded commands). So you can influence the recording and see something different, which isn't really a wanted feature.

Before it gets included, the patch needs some work done on it (and maybe a gui, but that's optional for the first version).

I new a new idea how play with mini factions without create new civilization or faction, can be like AOE III : Warchiefts.

Wikipedia explain the new feature in AOE 3 Revolutions[edit]

A sample revolution screen where the player (German civilization) decides whether to pick Bolívar (Peru) or San Martín (Argentina), and their respective bonuses.

European colonies have a new option open to them in the Industrial age; instead of advancing to the Imperial age, they can revolt from the home nation and found their own country. The initial cost of revolting is cheaper than advancing to the Imperial age but the nation's economy will stagnate because all settlers will turn into militia and no new ones can be built (except Coureur des Bois from a Cree Village). Resources can continue to be delivered from pre-constructed ships, tributed resources, trading posts, factories and for the Dutch, banks.

The chief advantage of a revolution is one-time military boost when all settlers turn into militia suddenly giving the player a large army. When a revolution is initiated, a choice is presented between two historical revolutionary leaders, each with a unit specific bonus. The player can no longer receive home city shipments but instead can draw from a "Revolutionary Deck" of four cards, three which may be re-played an infinite number of times providing unit caps are not exceeded. Three new units are available only through a revolution; the Ironclad, the Gatling Gun, and Colonial Militia. If the map has water, the new nation can receive two Ironclads which are hybrid Frigate/Monitors. Four Gatling Guns can be delivered which are similar to the Portuguese Organ Gun but fire much faster and do more damage. Sixteen Colonial Militia can be delivered in a shipment which are hybrid Musketeer/Skirmish units. Finally a Fort Wagon can be sent which will unpack into a fort. A new nation may not upgrade units to Imperial Age.

Now how I propose this p gameplay in our game. Like a new phase but like separatist state like Pontos, Like gallo Roman Empire, Like Palmyrans Empire, with late Romans and Seleucid can be nice.

Example: You chosse to be seleucid or rebel satrapy with same units, wonders and bonus, but with own emblem, heroes and elite units.

Same to Athens and Siracuse. Or Other rebel factions.

For now the list are from Seleucid and Hellenistic Faction that join into a rebellion agaistn their masters.

Seleucid: Bactria, Pontos, early Parthians, Pergamon

Athens: Siracuse.(colony)

Late Romans: Palmyra, Gallo-Roman Empire. Britano-Romans (crisis from third century) 0A.D p2

Parthians:Sassanids, Armenians.

Goths:Ostrogoths.

Advantages.

This can be good to specialize troops.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

That sound nice =D

Though i d'like to have some mini villages neutral on some maps

that is other mini faction gameplay, we can called this Rebel mini faction and that you say Gaia minifaction :) . All loves minifactions is a alternative to be an Empire.

This. My idea obviusly is the idea someone else but be can adapted to our needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Empires_III:_The_WarChiefs

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

We need more eyecandy models ^^ and someone to review them because none were added :) not being rude to anyone :)

hmmm we need a assistant to alert these rewievs to main lead departments. I mean someone can monitoring the art contributions to bring a priority list, may be this can be good with programmer team.

############# almost forgot GUYS (team)

In the GUI the farm shows the same info tooltip. needs updated because is show the 3 gatherers yet.

Agreed. I could do it :)

Be can have 3 official version of 0 A.D.

Empires Ascendents.

Empires Besieged.

And... Some with extra stuff. Something like platinum edition. A very large version with lot of stuff.

In the pack can have several eye candy stuff , extra gameplay, wallpaper and those digital merchandise option. Obviously for free.

But you know the download can be a large file. That's why I called platinum Version. And can be a Tribute for all.

Can be like or more than Forgotten Empires or other extra content like DLC that are common in this age of gaming.

I wish more artists contributed. I may spend a lot of time here, I'm not as good as the people that passes by. And Enrique is working alone those days.

Is important add more gameplay, the people are curious to try new things that are based in old and traditional ones.

The fan art is important, we represent history with this. We show that humans were legends in human history.

To bring more be need create legends and fun time.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

One thing that could be done is to make the blacksmith a feasible drop off site for metal ores.

I can see why you'd want this from a semi-realistic point of view. But from a gameplay point of view, I think it would be better to keep the buildings as separate as possible. As focused in their tasks and uses as we can.

It's possibly have the building system from AoM. If you try to drop a building over other structure the system try to snap it more close that can it's possibly , that make more easily place building near others.

Yes. That would be very nice!

• Like 1

The Ai improves his survivor tactics but for some reason after his 3third attack all units do nothing except few females builder.

Sometimes UnitAi don't do anything even be closing or near from an enemy buildings.

Other bugs is when you select a bunch of units and accidentally a siege tower and try the units garrison inside the siege tower.

I wish more artists contributed. I may spend a lot of time here, I'm not as good as the people that passes by. And Enrique is working alone those days.

lol Stan, Pureon is busy with the UI and I haven't gone anywhere. You're getting better and better with each new model you make too. The art department is doing alright, IMO

• Like 1

Yeah I think it´s going alright but I don ´t see my progress. I feel stuck so îm working on a project with textures lights and all that stuff and îll be happy when it´ll look like one of you renders. Also i need to learn to draw with my tablet. For now îm not ble to import animation either. Since it will be needed i want to be able to help

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Stan` featured this topic