[RESOLVED] Bug vs bad install

Don

I gather I'm the only one with this problem at game startup

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2261

since no one else is complaining that they haven't been able to play the game for weeks. I've done the obvious things, svn update, update workspaces, rebuild. And on startup I see:

$ binaries/system/pyrogenesisCache: 500 (total: 2012) MiBTIMER| InitVfs: 465.525 msSound: AlcInit success, using OpenAL SoftTIMER| CONFIG_Init: 408.641 msTIMER| InitScripting: 175.653 msX Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)Major opcode of failed request: 137 (NV-GLX)Minor opcode of failed request: 4 ()Resource id in failed request: 0x2e0000fSerial number of failed request: 36Current serial number in output stream: 36UserReport.cpp(515): Assertion failed: "!m_Worker"Segmentation fault

Is this a problem someone else has already overcome? Is there something else I can try?

Turns out the fix was reinstalling the official Nvidia driver.

I did have a usable 0ad from svn a couple of months ago, and suddenly got these symptoms without changing the video driver. My guess is, the video driver must be reinstalled whenever there's a kernel upgrade. I knew I'd updated 0ad, didn't know I'd updated the kernel, and nothing was obviously broken other than 0ad, so the wrong conclusion seemed right.