===[COMMITTED]=== Ptolemaic/Seleucid Helmet Props

Sighvatr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lion, please don't quote that guy's helmet models. I've had historical debates with him in the past for how the equipment should look like. That guy creates models based off of the first page of google search images. Though I have to say that my understanding of how the classical era should look like completely contrast what 0 A.D. is.

Lion, please don't quote that guy's helmet models. I've had historical debates with him in the past for how the equipment should look like. That guy creates models based off of the first page of google search images. Though I have to say that my understanding of how the classical era should look like completely contrast what 0 A.D. is.

yours as you say, each one have own vision about Hellenistic timeframe

I saw some references with colors and it's my personal opinion, I'm not saying the helmets looks like exactly, but if the team I agree with include color how the color can be in helmet, each artist have that interpretation. If you have discuss with him, not was in this forum and I'm not aware of that, of course respectfully. Sorry for the inconvenient but I like explore the options.

I need to admit with the first is almost correct for the other I'm not sure.

If you have strong references and documentation don't be afraid to share it with the team, the process of learning is a thing I apreciate so much. :)

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Haha, sorry Lion. I will in the future post my guesses of the Classical Era and present my research, but it currently lacks some strong clear support and I need to find the articles that I read to support it. I will say that it mostly has to do with how bronze were used back then and an estimate of how available the alloy was, whether iron equipment were used more in the classical era, and to argue against about whether certain groups of people were deprived of proper protective equipment.

As you say, each person has their own view of the hellenistic timeperiod and I should shut myself up. Lol

• Like 1

Haha, sorry Lion. I will in the future post my guesses of the Classical Era and present my research, but it currently lacks some strong clear support and I need to find the articles that I read to support it. I will say that it mostly has to do with how bronze were used back then and an estimate of how available the alloy was, whether iron equipment were used more in the classical era, and to argue against about whether certain groups of people were deprived of proper protective equipment.

As you say, each person has their own view of the hellenistic timeperiod and I should shut myself up. Lol

im some stressed now :) nope problem :) Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 3 weeks later...

When will these helmets be included?

No idea, you'll have to wait until the art dpt leader gets back, review them, confirm they are good enough for the game standards, decide to commit it, commits it, and then depending on which version you are using (AXX or SVN) you'll have to wait some time longer :)

• 2 months later...