Re-launch of for Honour and Glory and presentation

NoMolester

Hello, 'im NoMolester, i am the new leader of the mod project for 0 AD previously called "For Honour and Glory". The project was on hold for a long time but now it has been redesigned and work on it has restarted again.

The new name for the mod will be "1,000 AD" and it will be divided into two parts.

1,000 AD

Previously known as "For Honour and Glory", 1,000 AD is a mod of 0 AD that centers in the Mediterranean Sea during the Middle Ages.

The following features are still subject to change at any time.

Following the spirit of the original 0 AD, the game will be released in two parts that span +-500 years from the date of the title (From VI century to XVI century):

• 1st part: 1,000 AD: For Land and Money will span from 476 AD (the Fall of Western Roman Empire) to 962 AD (the Founding of the Holy Rpman Empire).
  • 2nd part: 1,00 AD: For Honour and Glory will span from 962 AD (the Founding of the Holy Rpman Empire) to 1453 AD (the Fall of the Eastern Roman Empire).

The first part will be a rather conservative mod mainly centered in redesigning the art and the civilizations with only 12 factions and no gameplay changes.

The second part, once the team is experienced and familiarized with the system, will be a broader aproach that will ad many features to the game and at least 15 cnew civilizations.

==For Land and Money==

The first part of the mod will be called For Land and Money and it will be centered in the Mediterranean Sea from 476 AD to 962 AD.

The three settlement phases will be: Tribe, Village and Feud.

It will hve the following 12 civilizations divided into five architectural groups:

Northern germanics:

-Teutons

-Vikings

-Saxons

-Allamani

Southern germanics:

-Franks

-Goths

-Lombards

-Burgundians

Romans:

-Eastern Romans

Muslims:

-Arabs

-Berebers

Steppe Nomad (architectural type):

-Slavs

-Avars

Slavs:

-Avars

-Moravians

-Bulgars

There will be no great changes in gameplay for this part.

==For Honour and Glory==

The second part of the mod will be called For Honour and Glory and it will be centered in the Mediterranean Sea from 962 AD to 1453 AD.

The three settlement phases will be: Feud, Burg, Urban.

It will hve the following 15 cultures divided into eight architectural groups. Every culture will have the oportunity of evolving into one of two or three civilizations when it reaches the urban phase, each one with a unique array of units ad technologies to further specialize your culture:

Architectural group:

-Culture (phase 3 option 1, phase 3 option 2, ...)

Nordics:

-Scandinavians (Kingdom of Denmark, Kingdom of Sweden, Kingdom of Norway)

Romans:

-Byzantines (Komnenos Dinasty, Latin Empire, Empire of Nicaea)

Italians:

-Inland Italians (Duchy of Capulia and Calabria, Lombard League, Papal States)

-Naval Republics (Most Serene Republic of Florence, Most Serene Republic of Venice, Most Serene Republic of Genoa)

Germanics:

-English (Norman Dinasty, Plantagenet Dinasty)

-Holy Romans (County Palatine of the Rhine, Duchy of Saxony, Margraviate of Brandemburg, Kingdom of Bohemia)

-French (Kingdom of Arles, Kingdom of Francia)

Muslims:

-Sarrasens (Fatimid Imamate, Ayubid Caliphate, Abassid Caliphate)

-Turks (Khwarazmian Sultanate, Great Seljuk Sultanate, Ottoman Sultanate)

-Maghrebians (Almoravid Hermit Order, Almohade Sultanate, Caliphate of Córdoba)

-Berebers (Almoravid Hermit Order, Almohade Sultanate, Caliphate of Córdoba)

Iberians:

-Spaniards (Kingdom of Castile, Kingdom of León, Krown of Aragón)

-Galicians (Kingdom of Portugal, Kingdom of Galicia)

Slavs:

-Rusians (Grand Principality of Vladimir-Suzdal, Kievan Rus, Novgorod Republic)

-Western Slavs (Kingdom of Poland, Tzardom of Bulgary, Grand Principality of Serbia)

Magyars:

-Hungarians (Arpad Dinasty, Anjou Dinasty)

When reaching the third phase (Urban phase) you will be able to choose a specialization for your culture, in the form of a medieval late high middle age state or dinasty with a unique array of units and technologies.

Being already deep into the age of castles, you will start with a keep or stone fort instead of a simple town center and his will be both, civic centres and fortress. Normal fortresses will be eliminated to encourage the construction of wall and towers around your keep thus making it more feudal. Proper balance will be made to do not disrupt the gameplay.

In the third phase you will be able to build monasteries and choose from different monastic/crusader/jihadist orders that will unlock new units or technologies. The orders available might depend on your 3rd phase civilization.

Credits

Creators

NoMolester

Belisarivs

Project Leader

NoMolester

Advisor

Lion.Kanzen

Researchers

NoMolester

Belisarivs

Abadu

niektb

Programmers

NoMolester

Designers

Arishia

niektb

Edited by NoMolester
  • Like 4

I certainly want to join the team!

I do have some comments about the civ list from For Land and Money:

1. De Slavs weren't a real influental people. Wouldn't it be better to make only one slav civ?
  2. Instead of Lombard, you could also choose Alemanni or the Burgundi. We should choose the one with the most impact on history.
  3. Berbers should perhaps be renamed to Moors. The Moors consisted of berbers, arabs and converted christian, and its Kingdom laid in Spain + Northern Africa.

About for Honour and Glory:

Wouldn't it be better to call evolving a political decision?

• Like 1

I will replace the teutons for the allamani, because they are more genreic and broader and historically important.

I think both burgundians and longobards are important, i will add the burgundians.

To keepp the 12 civs, i will put the slavs as one civ like this and delete the moravians, bulgars and slav architectural group:

Steppe Nomad (architectural type):

-Slavs

-Avars

Southern germanics:

-Franks

-Goths

-Lombards

-Burgundians

Northern germanics:

-Allamani

-Vikings

-Saxons

I do accept the changes.

About my skills:

Certainly I would like to do some research! I'm able to program some not to difficult Javascript code and I'm learning to design textures (and add them to buildings, of course) (I'm currently clumsing around with Empire Earth textures). In addition to this I'm able design scenarios (and create random map script?) Never finished one, though. Furthermore I'm afraid, I'm only able to model cubes, but I do have access to 3D model software, so I would be able to render icons and emblems etc. on my own PC. So you could actually describe my skills as a (really little) bit from everything. :stinker:

Edited by niektb

Excellent!, i will put you as designer too.

Could you create 5 signatures for 1,000 AD??

with some nice drawing and the woord "1,000 AD mod"

and it should say one of this "jobs":

-Project leader

-Researcher

-Advisor

-Designer

-Programer

Also, Instead of berebers or moors for part 2, i added the more accurate Maghrebians.

So:

Berebers for part 1

Maghrebians for part 2

i just posted the generic civ form for part 1 in a new thread

I have researched about motte and baileys and it seems they didn't belong to the early middle ages as every body thought.

They belong to the XI-XII century in britain and france, so there will be no motte and bailey until part 2.

I think they will be the civic centre-Castle for the french and british.

Carolingian typography is the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolingian_minuscule

Is the evolve of roman typography into gothic and gothic into Humanistic ( modern minuscule/ low case font)

And other of my favorites is the Carolingian typeface

"Carolingian or Caroline minuscule is a script developed as a calligraphic standard in Europe so that the Latin alphabet could be easily recognized by the literate class from one region to another. It was used in the Holy Roman Empire between approximately 800 and 1200. Codices, pagan and Christian texts, and educational material were written in Carolingian minuscule throughout the Carolingian Renaissance. The script developed into blackletter and became obsolete, though its revival in the Italian renaissance forms the basis of more recent scripts."

Freising_manuscript.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen