Presentation and I want to help in the architectural design

Hello, I am Arishia.

I am an environmental designer (is a career that centers in psicology, architecture and a little bit of civil engineer) and I am currently studing for civil engineer.

NoMolester showed me the game and I was really interested to help in whatever I can. I center my abilities in architectural history and in the development of 3D or conceptual design of the structures.

The programs that I use for 3D are:

3D Max (V Ray), Sketch Up, Rhinoceros (V Ray), and a little bit of Maya.

If you like my help please inform me about the specifications for the 3D or if you want just the conceptual design or information about architectural history please inform me what to do or with who I concern this.

Thank you and I really like what you are doing here! The game is interesting and that is why I would like to help in the development of the game.

I can email you or send you some of my 3D designs if you are interested.

:sword_rune:

Hello Arishia! Welcome to the forums.

To get you up to date, the art team is currently working on Ptolemaic Egypt buildings and units, there is still plenty of work to do. You can see the unnassigned art tasks in the Art Dev.Task Tracking thread . You can choose a task from that list and start working on it when you want. You just start a new topic with the title "==[TASK]== Taskname" and you can post there your progress, WIPs, questions and such.

I'd recommend that you work in some concept designs if you know how to draw and when you get the feel of the art direction of the project and a good concept for the building, jump to the modelling process. However, if you prefer to start directly with modelling and you don't mind that we ask you to change something (or several things) from it, you're welcome to do so. (It would also come in handy to have building concepts for every Ptolemaic building that isn't finished yet)

We're looking for historical accuracy when possible. Gameplay usually comes first in the game concept, so things like 100% authentic building scale is sacrificed. I like to recommend to everyone that wants to start contributing with models and concepts to download the game and take some time to look at the different buildings already in-game for the different factions to get a feel of the proportions, building types and general art direction. For example, you can see that we're trying to have similar building layouts and sizes for each type of building but with the specific style of each civ.

Since the Art developement has become open to the public, anyone can start working on a task, but work examples are very welcome to know the skill level and strengths of each artist to make better suggestions and critique about their work.

I work enterely with Blender3D and have very little knowledge on the 3D software you use, but it's ok as long as you can export the models in COLLADA format (.dae) in order to get them in 0AD's engine. But there are people on the forums that use your software that I'm sure they can give you some help if you encounter any problem. I'll give you more specific model requirements when you're ready to start modelling ;)

I think that's all for now :P

Welcome again!, looking forward to work with you.