===[COMMITTED]=== Iberian Corral

dajayalol

Only the roof looks too flat maybe less straight lines and some wooden beams too give it a more natural look.

and the same for the other barbarian buildings.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=oude+rieten+daken+foto&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=z8TGUv7dEeuX0AX7_4CIAQ&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1536&bih=696

Edited by RoekeloosNL

Only the roof looks too flat maybe less straight lines and some wooden beams too give it a more natural look.

and the same for the other barbarian buildings.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=oude+rieten+daken+foto&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=z8TGUv7dEeuX0AX7_4CIAQ&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1536&bih=696

It wasn't that flat at the beginning but it was looking quite weird.

• 3 weeks later...

Some remarks for future models:

There are some parts with a lot of unnecessary polygons. You can see in the following picture that the surface surrounded by red is totally plain, but its conformed by several triangles that aren't needed at all. The vertical edges in particular aren't needed since there's no variation along the surface.

post-13528-0-27905600-1390568632_thumb.j

On the lower part of the walls (the bricks part) mesh there are several holes and unconnected geometry that just look unfinished. Not sure if you forget about them or it was just laziness, but it's not right:

post-13528-0-92533500-1390568993_thumb.j

The wooden fence and the wood in general have at least two visible faces with overly stretched texture:

post-13528-0-61057400-1390569006_thumb.j

And finally, we need that all the buildings extend further into the ground, so when they're constructed in uneven terrain, there are no parts that look like they're floating:

post-13528-0-82590600-1390569078_thumb.j

The scale is off, but that's an easy fix and you already reported some problems getting it right, no problem about that. However, these other errors require a lot of cleaning work and should not be present in completed models.

I feel like I must apologize.

- About the unused polys, it's really simple, I use quads, and i divide the mesh until i get the shape i want to extrude in or out, and after that i collapse the roof that's why there are a lot of unused polys at the back.

- About the unconnected geometry, three things are responsible for this :

1. I'm an Idiot.
  2. They are from the old model, so i didn't make them.
  3. I didn't take time to fix them because everybody was so happy about the model, that I forgot to finish it. I thought it would be like the barracks, taking a lot of modifications to be accepted.

- About the textures :

Refer to "3"

- About the foundations : Didn't knew I had to make them at that time.

I'm sorry :thank_you2:

You don't have to apologize :P we're all here to learn!!

I posted the mistakes not to make you feel bad, but to learn for them ;)

I never did lowpoly models before working for 0 A.D. and I learnt a lot from the models already in-game and while working on new ones.

The design is good, and since I cannot give you tips while modelling in Max, I can only tell you where the mistakes are once the model is posted. =/