===[COMMITTED]=== Iberian Corral

dajayalol

defYAF9.pngHDSSwU2.png

the stone wall fence was stripped from iberian corral

the wooden fence was stripped from persian corral(and the texture,as in pic,was a huge hack)

the origin design task proposes a wooden fence shall be good.

I've been noticed by sanderd17 that the roof do not look good

(i think so,the texture resolution is low and it needs to come over the wall)

and the problem that the hay prop always places on of it's hay out of fence

no matter how i rotate or translate the prop point

therefore i'm in need of designing suggestions

or someone else has better idea can take this task and discuss your solution

You can edit the hay prop, when you look at the actor definition, you see that the hay prop are the props/structures/iberians/farmstead_b_hay.xml and props/structures/iberians/farmstead_hay.xml actor files. You can either modify those hay meshes defined in those actor files directly (but that's not a good idea if they're used elsewhere), or you can copy and edit those hay meshes and actor files.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe don't add a fence but instead remove the plaster walls and replace them with some wooden beams instead (so you can look inside). Thus your footprint stays the same, and you can add some things inside (like hay,...)

I don't know if the standard corral format would support that. It needs to be recognizable as a corral and not a farmstead

Model looks good. However, I think it's very large compared with the rest of the corrals. I'd follow wraiiti's suggestion making a double central door, and using the space at both sides of the front to put some troughs for the animals and make the whole structure shorter from the front to the back (hope I explained correctly :P)

Also, please remove the rooftiles texture from the front, it doesn't look good to me. keep it up!

Model looks good. However, I think it's very large compared with the rest of the corrals. I'd follow wraiiti's suggestion making a double central door, and using the space at both sides of the front to put some troughs for the animals and make the whole structure shorter from the front to the back (hope I explained correctly :P)

Also, please remove the rooftiles texture from the front, it doesn't look good to me. keep it up!

Yes the rooftiles texture dont fit

Yup, was just trying to keep on with the previous model, fixed it

1388694022-corral-v2.jpg

• Like 1

Let's spice it up, keep the bricks part as geometry like in your last screenshot, make the fenced part on the front instead, make a small rounded window near the top of the higher point of the front, make a little window in both sides and poke out some beams out of the side walls following the slope direction and make them irregular. Then it's a matter of adding some props for the animals to have some place to eat or if you want to make some kind of little wood structure where they're going to have the props to eat to have some shadow, i don't know :P

I'm sure it's not finished and you planned more things, just speeding things up suggesting things :D

Let's spice it up, keep the bricks part as geometry like in your last screenshot, make the fenced part on the front instead, make a small rounded window near the top of the higher point of the front, make a little window in both sides and poke out some beams out of the side walls following the slope direction and make them irregular. Then it's a matter of adding some props for the animals to have some place to eat or if you want to make some kind of little wood structure where they're going to have the props to eat to have some shadow, i don't know :P

I'm sure it's not finished and you planned more things, just speeding things up suggesting things :D

I wouldn't add windows on the side to avoid it looking too homely, but otherwise I agree with Enrique.

1388698548-iberian-corral-v3.jpg

1388698928-iberian-corral-v4.jpg

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

I liked the "wall" at the base like on that screenshot: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/01/1388609311-iberian-corral-v2.jpg . Perhaps it could only detach on the front of the corral? This might require making the corral slightly larger though (in which case I'd make it slightly asymmetric, so you'd have mort place for props).

But that second screenshot looks fairly good to me. Might be too big though.