Application -- Su Wei yang

Position: programmer/scripter

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?
Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?
Yes

Name:
Su Wei yang
Email:
dajayalol@gmail.com
MSN Messenger:
MG42Killer@hotmail.com
Availability:
5-10 hours per week.
Unemployed right now

Skills and Experience:
very few knowledge of C++,JS,linux,Regex,i made an treasure entity of 0ad before,made an android port of 0ad (svn 13242) by following instructions on the wiki,i made a guard button in unitcommand panel in /gui/,i made simple program calculating 2d diffusion equation with any initial condition back in college days

Motivation:
I want to learn how to use JS,learn more APIs of C++,"Seeing things i built worked then destroy it"

Personality:
I like to ask questions like "is this gonna work?",if someone say yes and i feel yes then i will go blindly

berserks doing it.I build things on foundations and definitions i got loosely so if the foundations keeps changing i will feel frustrated since i have to constantly upkeep my stuff with the updated foundation but i guess this is the price one should take.I do things with my testosterone "quickly done but imprecise".

Short Essay:
During my childhood i build castles with blocks,tear it down and build it again,i made simple crossbow which works but shoot far,i build my own computer with parts,i build some furniture of my house,

made an "Icon of defender" of Hexen 2 out of clay then throw it away,I firmly believe in constructivism

even people back in academia say that doesn't work,i work like a machine receving instructions and variables until i get fired(since i am too slow to react to new instructions!),

Interests and Hobbies:
I kinda willing to do anything that is "useful",I studies things that maybe "useful" like physics,math in college days(i have forgotten most of the very painful details which takes a lot of time to understand),I play FPS like Quake,Half-life(1&2),Garry's mod,Red orchestra
,Bicycling is my favorite sport since it's the kind of sport i can do without sweating too much.

Favorite Game:
0ad,The dark mod.

Work Examples:
i made an treasure entity of 0ad before,made an android port of 0ad (svn 13242) by following instructions on the wiki,i made a guard button in unitcommand panel in /gui/

http://imgur.com/BhbdLOU which is just a cutdown copy of the garrision button.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15436&page=11#entry264872

Thank you for your time and patience.There's so many I's in this application,but there's no "I" in "TEAM".

Edited by dajayalol

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! Thank you for your application to the Wildfire Games Programming team, and sorry for the delayed reply. Typically contributing to 0AD starts with programming and submitting your patches to trac as you get familiar with the codebase. After a number of good contributions, we'll evaluate inviting you to the team and giving official SVN access. There's no important difference between team members and open-source contributors other than the former have SVN access.

If you have any questions, I invite you to stop by our IRC channel.

• Like 1