===[TASK]=== Seleucids Civ Emblem

Lion.Kanzen

11 minutes ago, niektb said:

Is it doable to upload the source files somewhere so that we can render our own shields if needed?

Uploading to art_repo :)

Textures for aspis with their masks and such are in skins/prop/shield/ptolemies/Enrique sources/Aspis production

There you also have the blendfile for rendering called "aspis rendering.blend".

In the blend each scene layer has a different shield. Lights are in layer 16. Just enable the layer of the shield you want to render plus the lights layer and hit render chosing any resolution you want. !Caution - the file is heavy and there are very dense meshes there.

It will take some time to end uploading... just the blend file is 90mb

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Enrique you dont have this? in more res?

only a bite more res.

It's in the art_repo. File is art_source\art\textures\skins\props\shield\ptolemies\Enrique sources\Thureos production\thureos template.

There you have a lot of different rims, middle parts, backparts etc to make your own thureos. The file is a GIMP file and there are a lot of layer subfolders. In each subfolder you'll find the texture, it's shadow layer and the mask you have to use.

EDIT: @niektb the updated blendfile is commited.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

how I can access

I don¿t remember the svn direction only this

http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/

perdona las molestias.

There is 'art_source' repo besides the 'ps' one:

http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/art_source/trunk/art/textures/skins/props/shield/ptolemies/Enrique sources/Thureos production/

you can also access it via Trac source browser:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/textures/skins/props/shield/ptolemies/Enrique sources/Thureos production/

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:47 AM, Enrique said:

Wouldn't be better to have the anchor inverted? 

The emblems top part is cut by the top of the screen, so probably having the head of the anchor pointing down is better.

Antiochos_I_elephant-1.jpg?fit=800%2C381&resize=350%2C200

Nope

Can be nice redesign that, is a handicap to make emblems.(my opinion.)

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

The current emblem looks more like a shield, although it's derived from a tetradrachme coin. If it is to be redesigned, this one might be useful:

201209071746a_Berlin_Pergamonmuseum,_Tet

The right coin has three symbols of the Seleucid monarchy: the bee (top), elephant (centre), and anchor (bottom), as well as the text “King Seleucus”. (The horned horse on the left coin is another symbol of their dynasty, but I personally like the elephant + anchor better.)