Art Dev. Task tracking

Enrique

-Seleucids: Arab infantry javeliner for sure (persian props), probably syrian archer (macedonian props), maybe mounted skirmisher, and don't know about dahae horse archer. The chariot and the cataphract are WIP.
-Ptolemies: nabatean camel archer (they don't have promotions, only basic rank and no variations), judean slinger (uses greek props), and cretan archers (maybe they only need to get rid the kausia cap of the basic ranks), 

Edited by av93

1 hour ago, av93 said:

-Seleucids: Arab infantry javeliner for sure (persian props), probably syrian archer (macedonian props), maybe mounted skirmisher, and don't know about dahae horse archer. The chariot and the cataphract are WIP.
-Ptolemies: nabatean camel archer (they don't have promotions, only basic rank and no variations), judean slinger (uses greek props), and cretan archers (maybe they only need to get rid the kausia cap of the basic ranks), 

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Any thoughts on this ?

10 hours ago, av93 said:

Seleucids

Arabic Javelineer: Needs some turbans and body textures. They'd look similar to the Nabataean Camel Archer from the Ptolemies.

"Syrian Archer" should be renamed to Neocretan Archer. The Neocretans were the colonists from Crete who settled in Seleucid territory. In the final phase of the Seleucid kingdom they became a part of the royal family's dynastic struggles.

Dahae Horse Archer would look Scythian, as the Dahae were a Scythian tribe.

The Seleucid Scythe Chariot seems rather finished to me, as does the Cataphract. They could use more variations, sure, but they're largely done. @stanislas69 just today added moar helmet variations.

Ptolemies

Nabataean Camel Archer needs turbans, body textures, etc. just like the Arabic Javelineer. Elite can wear scale mail armor over their robes.

Judean Slinger has some good textures from @wackyserious. See the skins/skeletal folder in DE.

I don't see why colonists or mercenaries from Crete wouldn't wear the kausia. It was the fashion of the time, so I think the basic Cretan Archer could keep it, IMHO.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I don't see why colonists or mercenaries from Crete wouldn't wear the kausia. It was the fashion of the time, so I think the basic Cretan Archer could keep it, IMHO.

So Dahae horse archer needs new skin?

About the kausia, I thought that was a Macedonian only fashion. Didn't know it was more popular. What about the mounted skirmishers (mounted milita) of the Seleucid, it's fine as it is??

5 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Seleucids

Arabic Javelineer: Needs some turbans and body textures. They'd look similar to the Nabataean Camel Archer from the Ptolemies.

"Syrian Archer" should be renamed to Neocretan Archer. The Neocretans were the colonists from Crete who settled in Seleucid territory. In the final phase of the Seleucid kingdom they became a part of the royal family's dynastic struggles.

The Seleucid Scythe Chariot seems rather finished to me, as does the Cataphract. They could use more variations, sure, but they're largely done. @stanislas69 just today added moar helmet variations.

Ptolemies

Nabataean Camel Archer needs turbans, body textures, etc. just like the Arabic Javelineer. Elite can wear scale mail armor over their robes.

Judean Slinger has some good textures from @wackyserious. See the skins/skeletal folder in DE.

Do you have references from Osprey for those. In the design docs there were descriptions for every unit and every rank can you do that again in a separate thread ?

Updated first post

@Lion.Kanzen We are still missing a back to work icon and some other emblems, could you look into that when you have some time ? Open a task folder ===[TASK]=== when you have something to show. 

@feneur Could you make a subfolder for Commited threads, so I can move them there, and only have the ones remaining in the queue ? I think it would make things clearer, but maybe it's a bad idea. 

3 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Updated first post

@Lion.Kanzen We are still missing a back to work icon and some other emblems, could you look into that when you have some time ? Open a task folder ===[TASK]=== when you have something to show. 

@feneur Could you make a subfolder for Commited threads, so I can move them there, and only have the ones remaining in the queue ? I think it would make things clearer, but maybe it's a bad idea. 

These icons have handicap, are little even I'm thinking the possibility to making monochromatic. I‘m   Planning many things for GUI, I have that idea for minimap.

30 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

These icons have handicap, are little even I'm thinking the possibility to making monochromatic. I‘m   Planning many things for GUI, I have that idea for minimap.

Is the Seleucid Emblem done ?
@feneur Thanks a lot, it should be easier to keep track of what's left to review /finish and it's three pages long.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My own art report of December-February 

• Archery range select sound (needs review )
  • Icon of archery range. WIP
  • Ptolemaic emblem. WIP (its need help others artist)
  • Seleucid emblem needs review.
  • Portrait of heroes (Romans and Succesors needs discuss to get an agreement)
  • Hero portrait of Pyrrus of Epirus. (needs polish details)
  • Alert sounds( needs cooperative help of our musician)
  • Like 1

I'm very busy right now guys. but I will focus in more simple tasks.

• Mini icons.(center panel) and minimal.
  • Sounds
  • Promotional material(because I'm  doing that in my country for several franchises).

------

For the future I promise finish mostly of Kushites. or at last let me give my concepts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok planning work in mini icons. suggested are welcome.

• Back to the work.
  • Color diplomacy icon
  • Others by request or missing
  • Chat icon
  • Svg files if you want some.

-----------

Sounds only if other team or voluntier help me.

-------------

I can do more voices and try new languages. most accurate possible.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 5 months later...

Official project in my plans help to Alexander and Wacky

• Texture for ships more ornaments and svg stuff.
  • Modding  - Umayyads, Byzantine Emblem redesign  - new icons for nomads - is confusing-
  • You can suggest.
  • Not hero portraits for now. I need finish previous but you can suggest.
  • The other mini icon needs more testing and specially conceptualizations.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

In a month or less I will be active with art.

What do you need guys?

I'm going to be  working with the mods and eye candy (3D) Now I can be more capable than before with 2D art.

If WOW helps me, we can improve textures.

I make and he puts it in the game.

I can do the Chinese battering ram, if someone encourages it.

I'm the only one along with WOW who remains more focused on art.

Who do we currently have? 

2 hours ago, hyperion said:

We still only have damage textures for cart after all those years ;)

I've been thinking about them watching the AoE ones.

In my mind I have worked on the textures, is a same our team never share the secrets so that the rest of the team can later do the same job.

But I'm going to start studying the textures and try to maybe think of some extra ones.

But I am going to study the textures of Lordgood.

You know which directory they are ?  just to look at them and have them worked out conceptually.

.I'm going to open up a little bit about that.

I think I'm going to start with the Romans, my favorite faction.

And I'm going to start documenting the changes so that later this can help someone else in case we have another volunteer who also wants to do the work.

33 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

You know which directory they are

The example set aka the code demo set:

binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct.dds
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_1.dds
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_damaged.png
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_damaged_heavy.png
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_damaged_heavy_norm.png
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_damaged_med.png
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_damaged_med_norm.png
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_damaged_norm.png
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_norm.png
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/kart_struct_spec.png

As you can see there is one for each of no,  light,  medium, heavy damage.

• Like 1