Art Dev. Task tracking

Enrique

• 1 month later...

They definitely are (idles have only one variation except women villagers). Please be aware that I wanted to finish the animations with at least just one variation of each type of animation needed so they could be commited and be playable in the game. After cavalry units are upgraded, expect more idle variations to come for every unit type.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Any plans for dual sword viriato, one handed spearman and ptol fishing unit too  ? :)

No. Those units will be deleted since they don't have their new animations now. :P

Joke. Of course those will be done too eventually. I didn't want to spend more time before commiting with dual sword since there's only one unit that would use that animation.

And... one handed spearman? what unit is that?

I think Stan is refering to the equipement. Let me clarify:

There's no spearmen without shield, hence both hands are occupied. So, no one-handed spearmen are in the game.

I'll try to post soon some cavalry animation WIPs so you can take a look at how they would look. We can increase their spears to reach the units.

I'd also love to have a system where non-cav units know when they're attacking cavalry so we can do attack animations pointing higher.

• Like 3

Another thing that could be looked into is the unit gliding. When you move a unit, sometimes the unit stop the animation just before arriving to the point that you tell him, gliding some distance. Sure, that this is more related to programming side...

1 minute ago, av93 said:

Another thing that could be looked into is the unit gliding. When you move a unit, sometimes the unit stop the animation just before arriving to the point that you tell him, gliding some distance. Sure, that this is more related to programming side...

Yeah, I hate that gliding too. But as you said that is not under art dept scope :(

I only know the following thing: If a unit starts and stops a move on the same turn, the walk animation will not be triggered, thus gliding. This can be tested by starting a multiplayer (500ms turn length as opposed to 200ms in singleplayer) and moving a female a very short distance.

• Like 2