Providing promotional content for event purposes

k776

A member on IRC, Marcel Ribeiro Dantas, that goes by the nickname of mribeirodantas, was invited to be a speaker at the 2013 Latinoware event which happens from October 16th-18th. There are already 3,892 people registered for the event, with an estimated 5,000 people expected to come.

I think this might be a good opportunity to spread the work about 0 A.D. It won't be in time for the fundraiser obviously, but being an open source software and developer conference, it could draw some developer volunteers.

With that in mind, Marcel would like to know if either of these are possible:

* We can provide some promotional material for him by the event date (fliers, stickers, etc)

OR

* We can reimburse him for expenses incurred to source the promotional material himself

Even if we can't do either of those, Marcel will be mentioning 0 A.D. to the people he speaks to.

As soon as we reach a decision, I'll need to email him to let him know.

mribeirodantas [at] fedoraproject [dot] org

What a great initiative!

It won't be in time for the fundraiser obviously,
Why not? The fundraiser runs through October 20, 2013.
I am willing to consider reimbursing him for a predetermined sum, if he can show us a quote or receipt. I'm thinking $50. How much does he want?
* We can provide some promotional material for him by the event date (fliers, stickers, etc)

If he wants the help of the community writing and designing these materials, he can start a forum thread without need for the approval of the Treasury Committee. :)

• Like 1

I am willing to consider reimbursing him for a predetermined sum, if he can show us a quote or receipt. I'm thinking $50. How much does he want?

He hasn't asked for any amount yet, he was inquiring on IRC whether he could be reimbursed if he spent some money.

If he wants the help of the community writing and designing these materials, he can start a forum thread without need for the approval of the Treasury Committee. :)

True. I was mainly asking here because we need to fulfill the fundraiser perks, and could we just get a few dozen printed off early and send them to him. Though that might be a hassle.

Probably best to have him do it (not saying we/the community can't help out designing them), it's probably a lot cheaper to have them printed locally than having them printed somewhere else and then shipped there.

That makes sense. I'll email him to let him know that if he can come up with a design we're happy with and a supplier for stickers, and give us a quote before buying anything, then we'll consider the quote.