Disable automatic gathering of a new treasure

Itms

I start this topic because my idea has been refused on Trac (ticket #2136) and I think it's worth a discussion.

When workers gather resources, they have a behaviour which permits them using other supply that the one the player indicated (e.g. when this supply is entirely used).

Unfortunately, this behaviour also appears when gathering a treasure ; and I think it shouldn't because a treasure needs to be indicated by the player. It seems strange to me when my unit, after collecting a treasure, notices another one and takes it. (It happens often on Acropolis, where several treasures are placed at the center of the map.)

Even if a treasure is considered in the code as a type of resource, I don't think it should in the gameplay : for instance you wouldn't assign workers to treasures as you do with meat or wood.

Do you agree ?

I agree you can choose treasure hunters units to gather them. Nonetheless, you should order them to do so, especially when the treasure is protected by a Gaia structure to destroy, or a Gaia creature to defeat.

It's convinient in the end.

It's indeed convenient (as far as the tresure is not protected as I said) but too convenient : collecting treasures should cost time to the player as it gaves him a bonus against his enemies.

Edited by Itms

Is suggested that but, this no are creature or enemy guarding the treasuries yet. You must implement that first. Obviusly the team can approval that.

Is the 9th in my list http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15172

But nobody get an approval.

So is not a defect, is a new feature put guardians and if treasure have guardians you can't grab the treasure until defeat them. You can try work with UnitAI file, or something similar.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen