AI/Javascript errors during gameplay

nylki

Hi,

I tried out the new Alpha (14) on Mac OS 10.8.4 and encountered some errors during gameplay, when the AI attacked another AI I suppose. The game did not crash, but I did see an errorlog in the game.

I played persians on the Nile map. The AI players were romans, greek (don't know which), and Iberians.

I think the AI from my team (romans) attacked/planned to attack the Iberian AI or vice versa.

The same error occured a few times. But later both AIs attacked eachother, so i don't know if the error had any consequences to the actual gameplay. But I did not continue this match, so I can't report on any other errors, that might would have appeared later.

These errors appear to be similiar to these: http://www.wildfireg...showtopic=17431

Hope this helps!

Here is the interestinglog.html:

post-15594-0-35089600-1378374964_thumb.j

0 A.D. Main log (warnings and errors only)
ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/ai/aegis/attack_plan.js line 394 ReferenceError: type is not defined ([object Object],[object Object],[object Array])@simulation/ai/aegis/attack_plan.js:394 ([object Object],[object Object],[object Array])@simulation/ai/aegis/military.js:362 ([object Object])@simulation/ai/aegis/aegis.js:232 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/ai/common-api-v3/base.js:66 @:0
ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/ai/aegis/attack_plan.js line 394 ReferenceError: type is not defined ([object Object],[object Object],[object Array])@simulation/ai/aegis/attack_plan.js:394 ([object Object],[object Object],[object Array])@simulation/ai/aegis/military.js:362 ([object Object])@simulation/ai/aegis/aegis.js:232 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/ai/common-api-v3/base.js:66 @:0
Engine exited successfully on 2013-09-05 at 11:43:20 with 455 message(s), 5 error(s) and 0 warning(s).

Edited by nylki

AI players indeed can't handle naval maps. The only difference with this release is that the errors are shown instead of hidden (so you know your game has no point anymore). Although in this case, they did start to attack each other. But while they're trying to attack someone on the other side of the water, their game (and also their economy) is stuck for a while until they start a new plan.

The real bug here is that the Nile map is not classified as a naval map, while it should. Not all players can reach each other over land.

Well sometimes it does work but right now, I select the units, klick on garrison, then on the ship. they go, and the ship goes of the shore and back. And the units won't get on... i can't record it but it's quite strange...

If your lucky they might get in before the ship leaves...

Edited by greenlaser

Well sometimes it does work but right now, I select the units, klick on garrison, then on the ship. they go, and the ship goes of the shore and back. And the units won't get on... i can't record it but it's quite strange...

If your lucky they might get in before the ship leaves...

Currently, ships don't move by themselves to let you garrison units. You need to move the ships by themselves. There is a patch that would take care of that, but there are still problems with it (the ship takes the wrong shore, the computation is very heavy etc), so it could still take a few iterations before it works.

Until that, you have to guide your ship to the units and back.

• Like 1

Then the ship leaves again, but i will try to live with trying ten times before having my units on board ;)

Is your ship trying to attack an enemy ship? Ships... um... get a little over aggressive and sometimes try to move toward an enemy ship. Try setting the ship's stance to standground.

Alternatively, it could simply be because the pathfinder sucks (something we hope to fix with the fundraiser) and the ship is getting stuck just out of range if the units being able to garrison (this happens to me every once in a while).

Only if you have clicked yes to automatic feedback ;)

Errors aren't automatically reported, the user report thing is just some details about your system specs and a very small amount of profiling data. See ReportingErrors for what you should do when you get errors :)

What could help in this case is not only posting the error logs, they do help, but the commands.txt belonging to that match as well (found in the game's log folder, inside sim_log and organized by process ID, sorting them by date sometimes helps find the right one). That file can be loaded in the replay, to reproduce the errors, then perhaps wraitii can look into what is causing them.

Is your ship trying to attack an enemy ship? Ships... um... get a little over aggressive and sometimes try to move toward an enemy ship. Try setting the ship's stance to standground.

Alternatively, it could simply be because the pathfinder sucks (something we hope to fix with the fundraiser) and the ship is getting stuck just out of range if the units being able to garrison (this happens to me every once in a while).

Nop, it's just going to the border of the map and back...