How to Import/export assets and bake AO maps in Blender3D

• Wijitmaker unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to edit dude_head.dae in Blender 2.82a, but after the export the object doesn't appear in Atlas (leaving me with lots of headless infantry). No error messages. I've tried importing dude_head.dae and exporting without any changes and it's still not working. I've deleted all cameras lights etc, selected the head object and exported as dae (with and without selecting the 'selection only' option). I've also tried doing the UV unwrap first (UV> Unwrap), but I'm guessing this was already done to the original file? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'd also like to add that I know Maya, but I'm new to Blender and I'm working in Mojave 10.14.6.

1 hour ago, KingDuits said:

I'm trying to edit dude_head.dae in Blender 2.82a, but after the export the object doesn't appear in Atlas (leaving me with lots of headless infantry). No error messages. I've tried importing dude_head.dae and exporting without any changes and it's still not working. I've deleted all cameras lights etc, selected the head object and exported as dae (with and without selecting the 'selection only' option). I've also tried doing the UV unwrap first (UV> Unwrap), but I'm guessing this was already done to the original file? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'd also like to add that I know Maya, but I'm new to Blender and I'm working in Mojave 10.14.6.

Hey @KingDuits always nice to see new artists! I believe the issue is you forgot to click on "import units" while importing the collada mesh. Let me know if it works

units.gif

• Like 1

Sorry for bothering again. I'm now having trouble importing some .dae files into Blender 2.82a on Mojave, specifically sword_thracian_b.dae and m_armor_pants_tunic_long.dae are not working so far. I just get a parsing error. I've tried using the console to check for problems in the code even though the meshes work fine in the game, but see more errors than I'll be able to fix anyway (see image). Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 18.27.40.png

Hey @KingDuits

Nice to see you are still on it. This happens because some of the meshes were exported by 3DSmax, it is however pretty easy to fix.

Option 1: Open the Collada (.dae) file directly and remove everything between

</asset>

to

<library_geometries>

Option 2: Use my blender importer for actors.