Application

Heinrich, I really suggest that you find some other way to contribute, like in publicity in the German language, making concept art or something else.

That sounds like my article is bad and dont brings 0 ad forward. I just want to help you with factions i would like to see in the game, and if there is someone in the team who would like to translate my work it would be even better? Just say me a name and i will send him my works.

I could give you enough information for creating new, whole factions, but i have to know now : Is my aid needed or not?

What is your Lenguage? if you are German ask Fexor or Zoot, if you are Spanish or French Ask to Ludo38,

Thx, but I fear my English is not much better ^^.

That sounds like my article is bad and dont brings 0 ad forward. I just want to help you with factions i would like to see in the game, and if there is someone in the team who would like to translate my work it would be even better? Just say me a name and i will send him my works.

I could give you enough information for creating new, whole factions, but i have to know now : Is my aid needed or not?

I'm quite sure your help is appreciated in general.

However, being added to the team might depend on other things like how desperately improvement in the area you want to contribute to is needed and most of the time PPL are chosen have already contributed to the game for quite some time.

You can still contribute to the game as a community member.

Just stick around, read some forum posts and try to help here and there.

Welcome to 0 A.D. and enjoy your stay ;)

Edited by FeXoR

Thx, but I fear my English is not much better ^^.

I'm quite sure your help is appreciated in general.

However, being added to the team might depend on other things like how desperately improvement in the area you want to contribute to is needed and most of the time PPL are chosen have already contributed to the game for quite some time.

You can still contribute to the game as a community member.

Just stick around, read some forum posts and try to help here and there.

Welcome to 0 A.D. and enjoy your stay ;)

Ok, i think i will do it like this: I will finish my work about Aksum and post the full article in a new thread. We know that Aksum fits only for part 2, but i also have Kush for part 1. If there is a chance that it will be added in part 1 i will also write an essay about it. Sooo, is there a chance that Kush will be added?

What is the reason? I hope you don't say that Kush was unimportant, it lasted over 1000 years.

The in game empires at the moment had relations towards eachother much more heavily involved than just being a trade empire. Please correct me if I am wrong, but Aksum seems to be relatively isolated in comparison to the mediterranean, european, and middle eastern theaters. The Aksum empire could be modded in, of course.

The in game empires at the moment had relations towards eachother much more heavily involved than just being a trade empire. Please correct me if I am wrong, but Aksum seems to be relatively isolated in comparison to the mediterranean, european, and middle eastern theaters. The Aksum empire could be modded in, of course.

Well, beside the fact that Aksum is one of the wealtihiest and most powerful states of late antiquity it was, after Aksums conversion, one of the most reliable allies of Rome. Together they fought against Arabians and Persians (Did you know that the Kaaba is probably build by an Aksumite?).

Like i wrote in my essay, a persian poet called Aksum the fourth-mightiest realm on the planet, and you can trust me he rather known Aksum than any german tribe. I also read somewhere that mordern Armenian has it roots in Ge'ez, the old ethiopian language, although i am not sure in that.

Btw., has the Maury-Empire a significant role on the Mediterranien Sea - civilizations?

In my eyes it would be just pure ignorance if Aksum wouldn't be included in part 2.

Now to Kush and why it coul be included, if the insufficient role on European history is the same problem. I have to say here: Yes, Kush is not such an important player like Aksum. It wasn't a trading-empire with wieldfielding connections, it has'nt contact with half of the world and they never tried to land in Asia. But in my eyes Kush is espicially one thing: It's something special. It's a remain of the ancient egyptian civilization, and with 0 a.d. you would be able to see the evolution, the "Africanization" of Meroe (like it happened in late Hellenism) with the aid of the three phases. Btw. i am pretty sure i am not the only one who want to see pyramids in 0 a.d.

I also can tell you, that the Kushites had strong connections with Egyptians, Persians, Macedons ( A legend says a Candace, a title for female queens, defeated even Alexander the Great), Ptolemaics and Romans. Fun fact is that everyone failed in conquering Nubia in 0 a.d.-period. Kush was also a very important gold-provider, Nubia was called the "Gold-Land".

Well, atleast i even could understand if Kush will be implemented later or could be in a mod. I think i will still work on Kush and release an essay. If the team dont have enough time to implement them maybe someone else is interested to visualise this realm.

Cheers

(Btw.: the team should think about a lvl-system for heroes like it is in Warcraft 3. It's a pretty good one)

Alexander the Great had pushed his empire to the Indus valley, those cultures of Macedon and India would have been in direct contact in a fight for homeland, rather than a push of mercenaries

I haven't read too far into Indian relations with Persia, but the juxtaposition could have sparked a few skirmishes

What I mean is that the Aksum homeland has not had it's borders encroached on by the other civilizations in the game, as far as I know.

A game revolving around ancient warfare would require militarily reactive situations between civilizations, rather than just hinging on the wealth and power of a particular empire

whoop, read your last post again. Nevermind that lol

Edited by LordGood

Kush would definitely be a cool addition to the game, perhaps as a post-release FreeLC, but don't get your hopes up too high. The list of possible FreeLC civs is quite long and Gold release is still probably 2 years away (1 more year of alphas, 1 year of betas).

It would still be cool to see some references and dream about what could be a fun civ. ;)