===[TASK]=== WONDER: Britons: Stonehenge and White Horse

Mythos_Ruler

• 4 weeks later...

Why not use a big decal? like farms, they conform to terrain.

There's also the solution I suggested 2 or 3 times already in this thread:

Make the green stop in the stones, and make the stones extend further into the ground.

You can use rocky formations or stairs or whatever outside of the stones if you get creative.

Enrique I tried but the mesh is quite complet to cut. The stone extend into the ground though. But if I had a big decal around it lordgood said it would be bad performance wise. Also wouldńt it look a bit weird to have a two meter wall and blending grass ?

Enrique I tried but the mesh is quite complet to cut. The stone extend into the ground though. But if I had a big decal around it lordgood said it would be bad performance wise. Also wouldńt it look a bit weird to have a two meter wall and blending grass ?

I don't understand the "quite complet to cut".

We use decals in all our buildings, I think we could use a big one for a wonder that's likely going to be built only once in a match (specially if you use 15 smaller ones) (wraitii was faster lol).

If you use the approach of the stone wall, you shouldn't use the decal.

I also feel like it needs more eyecandy... It doesn't feel like a wonder to me. Yes, it's big and historically accurate but doesn't look like a complex thing to build.

Use the knife tool. Probably just 2 mins of work ;)

Ctrl+K, then clicks around the mesh where you want to cut (the perimeter), you can also cut in the middle of faces, just remember to triangulate the mesh to avoid Ngons before exporting. Hit enter to accept the cuts, and remove the exterior geometry.

Edit: Also I'd try to add something outside and inside the stone perimeter, like flowers, trees, bushes, rocks... cool stuff :dirol: