Did Parthian Elite Cavalrymen dismount as shock troops?

I was curious when i found some screenshot from Total War Center forum (don't is it original or not) when they show a screenshot where the Parthians charging the Roman line with heavy cavalry (namely "cataphracts"), war elephants and shock infantry armed with a Thureos shield and a battle axe. I want to believe Parthian Elite Cavalrymen dismount as shock troops but there's no record about dismounted Parthian Warrior, is there any reliable evidence that the Parthians fight on foot?

XIHAQbh.jpg

Edited by The Crooked Philosopher

Although I cannot give much valid input on your question regarding Parthian cavalry dismounting, perhaps the reason that you want to believe that is because Roman horsemen did so. Regarding the Parthians though, I am doubtful. It is well established that they employed hit and run tactics in warfare. (The battle of Carrhae is a superb example of this fact.) Thus, their lancers would most likely be used for making any victory decisive by pursuing the routing enemies. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that the Parthians ever bothered to in most cases dismount to fight a pitched battle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...