Any random ideas for 0 A.D. game enhancment

NoTowerPushing

Nice post to talk gameplay and other things. In few words we can take the best of other RTS that are compatible with this AOE Style.

I like the idea of taking the best features of other games and making it own by improving it or expanding it. Original ideas are good too of course.

To NoTowerPushing

Prisoners could be interesting in someway, but also have the potential to be annoying I think. If you like the idea I suggest you explain it in depth, and tell what could be issues and how these issues could be solved.

First we can take age of mythology. 0 A.D was started to developing in 2000 and in above that Empire Earth and Age of Mythology are the great franchises of this Style of RTS.

What have Age of Mythology Different to Aok?

In gameplay only few gameplay. But the most innovative was select your own path choosing a god to worship.

The other was How Civ Center or Settlement was building over a Villlage or something like that.

The mostly gameplay was fantasy like flying units, powers of gods, epic monsters.

First we can take age of mythology. 0 A.D was started to developing in 2000 and in above that Empire Earth and Age of Mythology are the great franchises of this Style of RTS.

What have Age of Mythology Different to Aok?

In gameplay only few gameplay. But the most innovative was select your own path choosing a god to worship.

The other was How Civ Center or Settlement was building over a Villlage or something like that.

The mostly gameplay was fantasy like flying units, powers of gods, epic monsters.

I really really like choosing between different technologies or path. I want 0 A.D to expand on this idea so players can pick their own playing style even more and it is also very strategic (should I choose this against x enemy or should I choose that against x enemy)

Though I'm not sure if this appeals to competive players.

• Like 1

I want 0AD to be like the Total War series. Someone should make a mod/gamemode.

This could be done for very many different game ideas, just create another gamemode.

It would make 0ad much more interesting...

I think it's not good to turn the game into Total War. But if you mean features of total war I agree. And I think there are developers who play the series so they might use it as inspiration.

Mythos said that he imagined the map of Rome 2 to be as he imagined it for 0 A.D. I have no idea what that means though, is the campaign supposed to be something like Total War?

I enjoy the classic base building and resource gathering a lot. But I would like combat to be more like Total War + Company of Heroes. And the diplomacy to be more like Seven Kingdoms maybe Total War (I have no idea how diplomacy works in Total War, only played Rome total war demo and Medieval 2 demo).

• Like 1

I can see how prisoners could get annoying.  What I was thinking was making it some sort of stance for your units.  Along with aggressive, passive, you have a take prisoner option, where if you overpower the unit it goes to your prison, it obviously has to be more difficult to take them prisoner then to kill them, and I don't have any ideas for that. Then when there in prison, you have to feed them food (so that you don't want to have to many of them) and to get rid of them you can trade prisoners with other players, maybe use them to increase relations or trade for resources and/or your own troops back. You also could just execute them maybe give experience to the unit that killed.

Edited by NoTowerPushing

I can see how prisoners could get annoying. But I like the idea of braking down prisons to free your prisoners or going for a prisoner exchange in order to get your troops back.

I believe converting units is something the team would like. I really like the idea of converting buildings, but being able to build the same soldiers as your enemy in it makes no sense to me (not that the team is planning this).

But how would prisoners work? When would units become prisoners?

(I do not like tower pushing too by the way; it is building towers forward to your base right? The AI sort of did it to me, I was building my base and had just builded a tower and the AI builded a tower on the other side, and I laughed out loud.)

• Like 1

I believe converting units is something the team would like. I really like the idea of converting buildings .

I believe the team is already working on converting women and buildings. and to answer your question I was thinking that prisoners just sat in the prison compound, if that answers your question. And that they would become prisoners when they are overpowered, I need some ideas for how they are overpowered, they are transported directly to your prison.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if there was a temporary map download folder, so when a group of players want to play a map that someone created they can download and play it without exiting the game.

That would be nice.

On the other hand, since the game is open source, security issues might occur with this feature.

It would be nice if there was a temporary map download folder, so when a group of players want to play a map that someone created they can download and play it without exiting the game.

This feature is planned. We'll probably just warn the player when they download an untrusted map.

• Like 1