What 0S Do You Run?

Wijitmaker

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Dell computer running xubuntu with a Pentium 4 and 256mb of ram. The current pre Alpha of 0ad seems to run OK, albeit a bit slow at the loading screen, startup, and during zooming. Not ideal but possible.

Edited by DerWer

• 1 month later...

Comp, windows 7 is worse than vista, you should probably downgrade to XP, as its far better than the both of them, all the rumours about XP not doing anything windows 7/vista can do, are total bullshit, and only rumours, windows 7 and vista can actually do less than XP, and at a slower rate, by far. (tested, read, proved.)

Comp, windows 7 is worse than vista,

No. I've tried both and you are wrong. The world have tried both, and says you're wrong. :) It simply isn't possible to do worse than Vista.

Also, to the rest of your post: thanks to the douchebags on Microsoft, it's extremely difficult to run DirectX10, so future graphics for games will require Win7. That XP is the best in the series so far, however, I completely agree on. ;)

I got quite a bad computer, but that makes things noticable, such as start up speeds etc, windows 7 takes 2 minutes to start up, vista 1.5, xp, .5 minutes, timed it personally and multiple times, as for operations, windows 7 takes 5 minutes to start up IE by itself, half a minute to start up anything non internet based, and xp/vista do so instantly, which is quite sad.

RE: AuroN2 - direct X doesnt work on linux, so if this was to run with direct X, how is it playable on linux?

Wildfire have made a linux client and use OpenGL which is available for windows and linux.

My OS is Ubuntu 10:04 64 bit. Thanks for making a PPA, it is easy to get game updates this way.