Sign in to follow this  
Mythos_Ruler

===[COMMITTED]=== Blacksmith Buildings

I like it a lot, but to perfect it, I think the fire should be more present, more visible, to stress up the idea of "blacksmith".

Add on to Myltos's comment the anvil should on it's own as to properly use it all sides of it should be accessible.

Enjoy the Choice :)

The black dot on the chimney doesn't feel like a hole(but maybe it's just the picture...)

Otherwise, maybe the most beautifull persian building ^o^

• Like 1

Sweet !

I love it, and the chimney design is very cool.

Just one suggestion : instead of the timber boxes on the ground under the shadow, I'd rather see metal objects such as weapons or else, on a table.

The carthaginian and persian blacksmith lack a bucket of water, IMO.

And the chimneys are a bit too clean, there should be some black soot marks, at least on the top ring of the chimney.

Apart from that it's perfect.

Persian chimney looks a little arabesque to me but that's just my opinion. On the other hand, the roundness will help distinguish it from the other persian buildings. These are looking great

Very nice persian one :) looks ready to commit too :P

I want to finish this one before start commiting the ones I made. Greek blacksmith concept (quite humble ^_^)

post-13528-0-40280200-1373996581_thumb.j

The door seems like a texture that is painted on the wall. Except that, great!

Also a question: is the roof historical?

I don't know if it's historical, I did it without references. It can be changed if you think it doesn't fit or it's historically inaccurate.

The door and other details are not complete yet. Just sharing to see if the community thinks it's the right direction.

I think the roof looks weird, for what it's worth. I'd expect it round, or sloped in one direction only. Though if it happens to be historical, keep it like that.

Good direction. The roof is okay. I think it needs a strip of tiles running down the valleys of the slopes though (the seams between the slopes). Hope that makes sense. Also, maybe mirror it so that the smoke stacks of all the blacksmiths are on the same side?

I'd have to agree with the others, there's something not quite right with that roof, and I don't think a strip of tiles in the valley areas will help it. Other than that all the concepts Enrique's presented are ready to commit (y)

Do those bricks on the corners of the structure actually stick out? I love those little details.

Yes :D

I'll see if the polycount is not too high when is finished and I can keep them :P