14 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

This screenshot, yeah.

I used it as a first version of a planet procedural generation (not only, but mainly) in project with my friend more than 6 years ago:

planet.png

• Like 2

I tried something like that first. With a nearness factor to the center. It can’t handle elongated shapes. Also, it was too uniform to my liking.

A varying centroid instead of a fixed predetermined center point might fix it.

(I am pretty biased towards gradient noise because it is pretty performant. And it’s the best visual quality one can reasonably come up with. Most things in nature can be depicted by it. Change the frequency and you got patches of grass)

Edited by Guest

Persians in isometric.

(Persian Wonder: Hanging Gardens of Babylon; eventually this should be replaced with a more fitting wonder, such as the Gate of All Nations, or the Audience Hall of Darius or something. Keep the Hanging Gardens in the game though for scenarios and/or capture the wonder game mode)

Spoiler

TJDEUnQ.jpg

Capturable animals, with effects.

Notice the different Yakhchall, or "Ice House" models, courtesy of @Stan`.

Spoiler

OcVJUrt.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

@wowgetoffyourcellphone You have that Persian building in Achaemenid style to the right of the hanging gardens on your screenshot? Just use the elements from that and enlarge a bit and create a massive Persepolis-style hall inspired by the Persepolis Apadana 3d reconstruction on youtube by LACMA.

I would so love to finish that font and fix inscription on that Athena statue and the other Greek monuments. But still no response even after I created and uploaded SVGs of all the letters :wallbash:  ( @Basshunter any progress on Athena? )

@PhyZic Wir haben neulich die altgriechischen Namen reformiert, wird in der nächsten Version enthalten sein - gäbe es da etwas was wir bei der deutschen Version auch korrigieren sollten? Wusste gar nicht dass es eine deutsche Version gibt? (ich bin nicht deutscher spreche nur die Sprache).

@LordGood concerning those market cloth canopies, could we de-gypsify the otherwise nice market a bit?

JzquEbp.jpg

Edited by Anaxandridas ho Skandiates

26 minutes ago, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

Wusste gar nicht dass es eine deutsche Version gibt?

Launch 0 A.D., then under Settings/Language.

Just now, wackyserious said:

How could I manually define the minimum zoom in level in the game? Is it possible to do it in the game console?

Allowed zoom ranges from 50% to 200%; default (press R) is 120%, but you can redefine it to a different value by inserting a line in your `user.cfg` file, e.g.:

view.zoom.default = "200.0"

File location depends on your operating system, see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

@Basshunter any progress on Athena?

Haven't been able to work much on it lately, but I'll eventually finish it.

Preview.thumb.jpg.abed469ab237f76be235ce9235057626.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Basshunter said:

Haven't been able to work much on it lately, but I'll eventually finish it.

Preview.thumb.jpg.abed469ab237f76be235ce9235057626.jpg

We will get there eventually :moil:
Anyway you have some time since I am still trying to find someone to help me finalize that Greek font I crafted for 0 A.D. for the inscription below, might be a while. If no one wants to help I might end up paying for some pro to redraw the letters and code it into a font, just don't know who could help make it available in the game, for a future campaign offering actual ancient Greek with/without subtitles.

You have the Athena marble statue photographs, there will be a triumph at the end :gandalf_w:

4 hours ago, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

There will be a triumph at the end :gandalf_w:

You mean the nike?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Basshunter said:

You mean the nike?

I will help with that one, it is the most difficult to reconstruct but we have statuettes and we can definitely improve what is currently out there in published reconstructions! Same goes for the Rhodos colossus, I have all the Rhodian coins a ton of statuettes collected, and Seleucid and Ptolemaic sanctuaries.

But eye candy later, first we have to get through hellenizing the Ptolemies and adding correct Greek recordings to the game, I am working on recordings now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think the smallest terrain resolution is currently 512x512

is the half of the Starcraft 2 terrain textures