Your 0 A.D. Screenshots

dolomiti

47 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I guess there is no way I can make the glow stronger ? It doesn't work with the sun. Also would be nice to have an oscilating shader.

Nope, because we don't have a glow pass either HDR one (we increase the brightness only for the whole frame). But it'd pretty easy to add after GL1 drop (if we'd drop it x) ).

Could you share a sample of the "oscilating shader"?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

Nope, because we don't have a glow pass either HDR one (we increase the brightness only for the whole frame). But it'd pretty easy to add after GL1 drop (if we'd drop it x) ).

Could you share a sample of the "oscilating shader"?

Basically glow oscillating between 0 and 1 with  sinus of the time for instance.

Do you think it could work with player color as well ?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

I'd like a medieval mod myself, but I do know someone that wants this mod (even if unfinished). They tried to make their own, but got stuck with Blender Collada animation exporter issues.

Why did they not ask Stan ? That should be part of the wiki steps'

• Like 1

Making procedurally generated forests more visually appealing. There are quite a few knobs to turn and I still haven't figured out the perfect set of values. But the result looks far more realistic. Far from perfect, but I can turn those knobs until it is. The existing mechanism does not allow such levels of freedom.

The existing forest generation can't do variations. Best it can do is do a random roll without considering how far deep inside a forest a tree is actually in. Or, it tries layered painting. Which is basically painting a full area. And then repeating the same thing again one tile outward. (at least, that is the gist of it). This means, that it's impossible to really generate a realistic looking forest. For one thing, forests doesn't always fade uniformly. Neither does that happen within "1 tile". Such an effect could be possible, but performance would be absolutely horrible.

Performance within the random map library is something I prioritize a lot.

Total map generation time: 0.047s.

screenshot0022.thumb.png.7c2e9d0dcfead01e3f6745efce49dbda.png

Coming soon to a Fork near you.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

Making procedurally generated forests more visually appealing. There are quite a few knobs to turn and I still haven't figured out the perfect set of values. But the result looks far more realistic. Far from perfect, but I can turn those knobs until it is. The existing mechanism does not allow such levels of freedom.

Perlin noise? (at least I see familiar pattern of distribution).

• Like 1