Your 0 A.D. Screenshots

dolomiti

:( that name :( 

Nice background!

But I wonder if it wouldn't be a better idea to go for something more generic (with regards to the logo and name) so we can gracefully merge it with RotE and so we have the freedom to throw in some other exotic factions too in the future (dunno if that actually will happen but who knows...)

• Like 1

It's much more fuzz and work if you have to maintain and release multiple mods (you know packaging, release announcements (and answering comments) and all that kind of stuff) 

Dunno but all these faction are far away from the Mediterranean and lesser known by most people so the first thing that comes to mind is to do something with 'Discovery' (or a synonym) but that's maybe too standard/cheesy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, niektb said:

Dunno but all these faction are far away from the Mediterranean and lesser known by most people so the first thing that comes to mind is to do something with 'Discovery' (or a synonym) but that's maybe too standard/cheesy

I would say Discovery can be a bit of a problematic term, especially if you want to show these civilizations in a good way and not from a Mediterranean/European perspective. I would suggest something that plays on the concept of "Around the World"/Global/that there is a lot more to the world. Maybe something like "Terra Magna" (though that specifically is probably too common to be a good name).

• Like 1

I have many question and suggestion there.

if we use many mods which would be a proper interface GUI art style.

we can integrated tribal that even have theirs own writed language ? Don't build Marvel and their Heroes where unknow ?

in AoE HD in steam one guy are doing a mod called "one thousand civilization mod".

On 9/1/2017 at 11:53 AM, feneur said:

I would say Discovery can be a bit of a problematic term, especially if you want to show these civilizations in a good way and not from a Mediterranean/European perspective. I would suggest something that plays on the concept of "Around the World"/Global/that there is a lot more to the world. Maybe something like "Terra Magna" (though that specifically is probably too common to be a good name).

Maybe most ancient language for designate Land/Earth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1ggs4m/today_our_planet_is_called_earth_but_what_other/?st=ixztie1d&sh=9fbd39d3

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-most-ancient-names-for-the-planet-Earth

In the reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European the word for "earth" is *dʰéǵʰōm (it was a spoken language, having existed before writing, so somehow these symbols tell you how to pronounce it, if someone who knows how to pronounce PIE could record a sound bite and link it in a comment, that'd be helpful). PIE was a language likely spoken around 3500BC and almost all European, Indian, and Baltic languages have descended from it. If you speak a language from one of these coloured areas, you speak a language descended from PIE.

• 2 weeks later...