===[TASK]=== Ptolemaic Structures

Enrique

Micheal's reference image is of Sunaysilah Castle, which is both out of chronological and regional context (reconstruction of a middle eastern castle). If I had to venture a guess it would be closer to Indian medieval than Egyptian antiquity. Plus making the crenels taller would dwarf the entryway, I did give that a go. Ancient Egyptian wall reliefs depict relatively shallow crenelated walls.

Good turret, with barrack can be more tiny the merlon. Like Persian. The textures with all buildings can be more gray than yellow is the way to mix with some Greek buildings.

May be use a tool to desaturated yellow only. I like the progress. And with some skirmish and the hunt system is excellent, like age of empires.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

when you slow down the simulation, you realize just how deadly your towers and fortresses are

pew pew!

so using the Persian wall segments for size is leaving gaps, maybe because I'm using the Carthaginian walls for a template and Carthage's walls are enormous. Maybe it's because I'm using slope towers too, that could be it.

This civilization is going to be a boatload of fun I can already tell.

post-14999-0-57833700-1382250444_thumb.p

post-14999-0-37045500-1382250445_thumb.p

The Ptolemies are already my best playing faction too. My pikemen bulldoze through people when equiped with upgrades. The Elephants paired with pikemen just absolutely devastate buildings. Really helps when you don't have to pay resources for houses and mills which gives me an easy start in the beginning.

I don't use the units provided in the military settlement though. The Gauls are too expensive (100 metal each) for their quality. The Greek cavalry are weak, and I would rather use the champion cavalry or elephants. I don't see the point in another type of cavalry either.

Buildings look good in my opinion when playing on Oasis, or the Nile. When playing on the Cantabarian Highlands, the buildings do look cartoony, and they really stand out from the green grass. Perhaps if you make the buildings look more brown or more faded it may fit.

The texture that is being used for the rooftop is too saturated i think, looks almost like gold ! I suggest to desaturate it a bit, too have it looking closer to the tone of the walls.

Also, the blue and yellow strip is maybe too big (too high), which increase this cartoon effect I think. having it thiner, at least on the tower and defense walls would probably help.

What do you think ?

Out of that, these new models are really cool. Egypt is coming to us pretty fast !

That could be a fun thing to implement. I always wondered why in most games towers walls and castles where separate. Well, unless you count the Stronghold series.

Love stronghold

So, this gate business is all Greek to me when it comes to animating doors, so I just built the housing. The Persian armature is in there so all that's really left is to model some fancy city gates and stick them on the bones.

Unless, of course, all y'all hate it. I won't have much more time for 0AD in the next few days, unfortunately.

post-14999-0-78376400-1382339092_thumb.p

• Like 1