===[TASK]=== Ptolemaic Structures

Enrique

House variations realtime screenshot (no AO) and rendered with AO to see more detail.. I'll probably make one or two more. I've almost finished the texture, I just want to make some minor corrections in one portion to make it more grey to break the yellow a little bit.

There is still room fore more textures if needed/suggested.

post-13528-0-25971700-1368715460_thumb.jpost-13528-0-32223700-1368715949_thumb.j

We'll probably add a greek looking building, but I think it will look a little weird, we'll see.

Amazing, love how the support beam pokes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys! :D

personally, I'd imagine a lighter tone for the walls. Here they feel a little dark and dirty.

From my experience, Blender tends to show heavier colors than the 0AD engine. We'll see once imported into the game ;)

I'm going to need some infantry props to decorate military buildings. Time to start with infantry ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've resumed Ptolemies work, this is just a quick update, I'm changing the textures to fit a different approach...

Similar to the persians, who have some alpha mapped reliefs to add where you want with just a plane, I'm doing a texture with several alpha-mapped paintings, so we can choose freely location, scale and rotation of the paintings on any wall. This way makes easier to map the walls into the texture. (the previous approach the paintings were fixed in the texture)

post-13528-0-16507600-1379795848_thumb.j

BTW... Lordgood, I like that farmstead concept, I want to use it for reference if you don't mind :)

Thanks Enrique! I wouldn't mind in the slightest

Just one thing on the textures, they are painted relief sculptures yes? I'm not sure I'm liking the fuzzy edges, perhaps they should darken. especially around Horus

or maybe I'm just being nitpicky xP That should be a lot easier

nobody's going to be able to zoom in far enough to notice anyway

Thanks Enrique! I wouldn't mind in the slightest

Just one thing on the textures, they are painted relief sculptures yes? I'm not sure I'm liking the fuzzy edges, perhaps they should darken. especially around Horus

or maybe I'm just being nitpicky xP That should be a lot easier

nobody's going to be able to zoom in far enough to notice anyway

You're right, they were carved into the rock, that's one of the advantages of having them fixed into the brick texture... but it's not flexible at all.

I will try with normal mapping, which may make some shadows on the edges, and if it's not good enough, I'll run some tests on hand-painted shadows

• 2 weeks later...

I am really impressed by the quality of the models posted here,

I would like to try to model the library if nobody currently work on it.

There's nobody working on it as far as I know. Go for it! :thumbsup:

Ptolemaic big struct texture here: http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/ptol_struct.png

(transparent parts on the texture are meant to show playercolor on the mesh once in-game, it's the color used for each player to know who owns each entity at a glance)

EDIT: btw, I made a library building some time ago for macedonians, it's already in-game, you can check it out for inspiration if you want, however you have freedom for the design. (Until we ask you to change things muhahaha :P)

There's nobody working on it as far as I know. Go for it! :thumbsup:

Ptolemaic big struct texture here: http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural/ptol_struct.png

(transparent parts on the texture are meant to show playercolor on the mesh once in-game, it's the color used for each player to know who owns each entity at a glance)

EDIT: btw, I made a library building some time ago for macedonians, it's already in-game, you can check it out for inspiration if you want, however you have freedom for the design. (Until we ask you to change things muhahaha :P)

So I'm on it :P,

I will propose a first structure soon.