===[TASK]=== Ptolemaic Structures

Enrique

Trying to define the structures direction with the first concepts like we did with mauryan ones and gather some feedback. These are WIP concept structures, nothing is finished or final.

First some CC concepts:

post-13528-0-57798800-1367674632_thumb.jpost-13528-0-28855200-1367674644_thumb.jpost-13528-0-41443100-1367674655_thumb.jpost-13528-0-44355000-1367674664_thumb.j

And these are the old ones, which I think the only one that could be used is the fortress concept (temple would be probably greek)

post-13528-0-15583500-1367674757_thumb.jpost-13528-0-99929700-1367674773_thumb.jpost-13528-0-79486600-1367674787_thumb.j

Non-fancy structures concepts coming soon. I would like to base some of them in LordGood concepts, he made several good ones in a screenshot somewhere in the forum.

• Like 2

Great concepts. For the CC, Like the 4th one. For the fortress, I like the last one. For the temple, it should be Egyptian, not Greek. The Ptolemies and Romans continued to use the ancient Egyptian style when designing their newer temples in Egypt. The first one could be the temple, really. Ptolemies temple could be wider than it is long. Distinctive.

I like the LordGood's fortress concept better. The other one looks a bit too compact, a bit like a very large block of stone.

Yep, LordGood's fortress look pretty good too, but it will need re-scaling I think. I can try to texture it and see how it looks.

Here's a house test. Same footprint as persian houses. I'm thinking to make the main color tone more toward pale yellowish color... but not sure.

post-13528-0-57752000-1368181065_thumb.j

• Like 1

Here's a house test. Same footprint as persian houses. I'm thinking to make the main color tone more toward pale yellowish color... but not sure. post-13528-0-57752000-1368181065_thumb.j

I think a paler color would be better. Here's a reference for en egyptian house with important walls.

I like your house Enrique. I suggest having one with the up terrace fully covered by the "tent", considering it's Egypt and the more shadow the better. And with a nice textile texture, that would looks really good.

And a not-important suggestion : change the grass surface by some sand or gravel, so that we feel more in Egypt ! ;)

I think Lordgood's fortress looks too much like the Persian one, IMHO. I like Enrique's. lol

As for the houses, I was thinking 5 pop size (Mauryans) instead of 10 pop (Persians) to help balance out the number of civs who use the different sized houses. But maybe we can see some different ones and make a decision.

As for the houses, I was thinking 5 pop size (Mauryans) instead of 10 pop (Persians) to help balance out the number of civs who use the different sized houses. But maybe we can see some different ones and make a decision.

Do you mean to also make them smaller like mauryan ones?

House variations realtime screenshot (no AO) and rendered with AO to see more detail.. I'll probably make one or two more. I've almost finished the texture, I just want to make some minor corrections in one portion to make it more grey to break the yellow a little bit.

There is still room fore more textures if needed/suggested.

post-13528-0-25971700-1368715460_thumb.jpost-13528-0-32223700-1368715949_thumb.j

We'll probably add a greek looking building, but I think it will look a little weird, we'll see.

• Like 2

Cool!

On some or all the houses, I suggest to "plaster" the roof timber beams. Just 3 polygons over those beams with the same texture as the roof terrace. I think that would look more realistic. Just a suggestion.

Also, the timber doors look very good but maybe too impressive for houses. Maybe it's because they are double doors instead of single ones...

Cool!

On some or all the houses, I suggest to "plaster" the roof timber beams. Just 3 polygons over those beams with the same texture as the roof terrace. I think that would look more realistic. Just a suggestion.

Also, the timber doors look very good but maybe too impressive for houses. Maybe it's because they are double doors instead of single ones...

I thought the beams made the structures look more interesting :( Yellow is very predominant and I wanted some dark parts for contrast.

The doors are actually single doors, but with beam in the middle. Do they look so impressive?post-13528-0-13841300-1368717208_thumb.j

• Like 1

I thought the beams made the structures look more interesting :( Yellow is very predominant and I wanted some dark parts for contrast.

The doors are actually single doors, but with beam in the middle. Do they look so impressive?

I agree, the presence of the beams make the structure look interesting. What I suggest is not especially to apply to all houses, but I'm curious on how it would look on at least one of them, talking about variations.

Those doors look good though more medieval than ancient to me. But well, I have o reference to say actually, just a feeling... I'd say that those houses feel comfortable, socially rather high.

House variations realtime screenshot (no AO) and rendered with AO to see more detail.. I'll probably make one or two more. I've almost finished the texture, I just want to make some minor corrections in one portion to make it more grey to break the yellow a little bit.

There is still room fore more textures if needed/suggested.

post-13528-0-25971700-1368715460_thumb.jpost-13528-0-32223700-1368715949_thumb.j

We'll probably add a greek looking building, but I think it will look a little weird, we'll see.

Perfect. (y)