User Interface concepts

Why don't you like it pureon? :(

I'm sorry, but if I'm being honest, no it doesn't work. We did have white marble in some of the first concepts in this topic, but then RTW2 screenshots were released showing a marble UI, so I ditched that. (See the two buttons in the lower corners of Lion's screenshot above)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Why do we need a window/full screen menu to select the civ when one dropdown menu can do it?

For me this would be a change for the worse...

(I have nothing against adding "random groups")

To have such things for the single player campaign would be OK but in MP I'd always like to see what other players pick.

Edited by FeXoR
  • Like 1

This should go to the manual IMO (which should be accessible in the main menu, the gamesetup and in-game similar to the civ tech tree in AoE II).

Calling up the entire manual just to see this might not be the most effective way to do things :unsure: Not sure how well it could be integrated/made to work with going back and forth between the manual and the match setup screen, though on the other hand that might (at least to some extent) probably be said of a factions choosing screen/dialog as well.

I'd always like to see what other players pick.

That should be possible even if using this kind of screen, though you may of course have to go back and forth depending on the layout of this screen/how it works with the match setup screen.