User Interface concepts

I recommend that Pureon continue on this path for a while without too much nitpicking from us, to see where he leads. I'd rather not dilute his artistic direction with too much "design by committee" so I say, you go with yo bad self, Pureon. Let's see what you can do.

Well stated by the Project Leader (y)

• Like 1

Putting this here: I've added the ability to select items in dropdown menus by typing stuff with the keyboard (open the map menu, type "lorr", it gives you Lorraine plains"). I feel like it'd be nice to have, I'll post a patch when I get back home.

Great!

There is also a ticket for this: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/698

Also related: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1532

This isn't "over the top" at all, actually. It would be neat to add these kinds of flourishes everywhere you can.

I'd like to be able to turn all graphically irritating and distracting stuff off to get the most possible space for information and interactive UI.

Don't get me wrong, I like the style! But for me this projects value is the game and it's usability. Focusing more on graphics means focusing less on playability and usability.

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to turn all graphically irritating and distracting stuff off to get the most possible space for information and interactive UI.

Don't get me wrong, I like the style! But for me this projects value is the game and it's usability. Focusing more on graphics means focusing less on playability and usability.

We can't become too minimized either, there's a perfect balance between the two, and that's what we must try to achieve :)

In this case I didn't say a thing :P:whistling:

Yeah, the decorative stuff would go on titles and headers, at the tops of screens or panels or in between lists of items, etc--for things like popups ("You win!") and menus and encyclopedia and loading screen and stuff like that. The in-game GUI design (the minimap area, training panels, top ribbon, etc.) will remain minimalist.