Skyrim-like Gameplay

jamesg11

I know this will be a challenge to integrate, but it would be a excellent feature to have a first-person sandbox environment like Skyrim. The player would be able to experience the world he creates. Entire missions could be created from the "Age of Empires" interface for the "Skyrim" interface to complete such as targeting leaders, spying on forces, etc. Some features could be adopted from other source code games like AssaultCube. It would make the game much more memorable and extraordinary. This by the way was not my idea: http://imgur.com/kdQk5O6 .

TL; DR Make 0 A.D. have a Skyrim gameplay feature.

Or you can just go play Skyrim when you feel like playing Skyrim?

Probably you are looking for a game like Mount&Blade: Warband. If 0 A.D. were to have a first-person shooter element into the game, it would have been the works for a while.

Edited by Sighvatr

I don't know why, but when I played 0ad the first time, I had the urge to hack into the rendering code to allow for a 3rd/1st person view for a unit, just to get closer to the action. I think it just because everything looks so nice and high quality, it makes you desire more immersion. (Its not a shortcoming, actually very much a complement to the devs!)

To actually be able to 'do' anything though I would imagine might be complex, ie, attacking or interacting with the simulation due to the networking model...

I think Glest games let you follow a unit from 3rd or even 1st person. But you will find that at that zoom it doesn't compare in any way to Skyrim. The buildings are fake after all, you can't exactly run through caves or buildings.

I don't think there is a way to make 0AD support skyrim gameplay. I think that Civilizations: Rise And Fall had a hero mode, with your legendary heroes like Cleo and Ach that was a 3rd person hack and slash. But there was only open plains and buildings that clearly can't be walked in.

• 2 weeks later...

Two different generes and design.

It's like saying, I own a bowing 747 passenger airliner, can I drive it on the road to go to the store?

But in keeping with that question, just imagine if we did have an Elder Scrolls variant in a realistic RPG that took place in the times of 0.A.D. That's without magic and mythical creatures.

That would be nice.

Edited by Burzum