Stance Review

Mythos_Ruler

I feel like Stances could be simplified. Specifically the number of existing stances reduced and the remaining stance behavior tweaked and a few other behavior features rolled into stances, rather than being presented as separate features. I think the (selectable) stances should be:

Aggressive: Attack anything that comes into sight.

Defensive: either attack anything that comes close, or attack and pursue anything that attacks them first.

Stand Ground: Do not move, even if attacked. Will attack back if possible, but will remain in position.

Removed:

Violent: The difference between this and Aggressive is not intuitive and really not all that impactful.

Passive: I can't really foresee a player choosing for his units to not fight back when they are being stabbed. 'Stand Ground' is the more useful stance.

Other stances that exist, but aren't selectable (aren't shown in the UI because they are more like 'behaviors' than stances):

Avoid: For most females who are attacked, skittish animals, etc.

Others?

These are behaviors/commands that could be either grouped with Stances or grouped near stances:

Scout: Clicking this will send the unit scouting around the map automatically (but at reduced armor or some other trade-off for reduced micro). Units will also use the Avoid stance behavior. Conceptually, this used to be seen as a separate feature, but I think it could be grouped near or with stances quite easily (conceptually for the player).

Search & Destroy: The unit will roam the map with 'Attack-move' as its motion behavior. Useful in late-game to find those last remaining enemy workers. Conceptually, this used to be seen as a separate feature, but I think it could be grouped near or with stances quite easily (conceptually for the player).

I think doing the above would make stances more useful and impactful, while removing a couple of superfluous choices for the player.

• Like 2