0 A.D. Feedback

ravage9218

I just wanted to say that this game is great, with each update its getting better and better. It is very similar to Age of Empires which I think is one of the best RTS out there because of its fast paced action, large army building, and scenario editing.

Things I like and that should continue to be used/developed:

- The editor is a great tool and very simple to use, its awesome how you can jump right into the game and see your creation come to life at a moments notice and if you desire change, you can do so on the spot---EVERY GAME THAT HAS AN EDITOR SHOULD INCLUDE THIS FEATURE!

- The variety of factions in the game is great and should continue to be updated to include more as you progress (great job so far), I would like to see more abilities with each unit and structure as well as more ages with change in structure type as the age progresses (I am sure that is coming soon)

- The music fits the mood perfectly and makes me feel like I'm reliving Thermopylae, Troy, etc.

- I'm looking forward to campaign missions in this game with a possibility of a custom campaign editor

Things that could use tweaking:

- I know this is in Alpha stage, but there are some performance issues (slow with large maps, a lot of units) that will hopefully be fixed by the beta or final release

Overall I think this is an awesome game and look forward to future updates, you guys are doing a great job. Also will this continue to be free?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!

Most of the things you ask are in the process of being developed. We do not, however plan to add campaigns or changes in buildings as age progresses for the first part, as it would take too much time and man power to do it.

And of course, 0 A.D. will always remain free and open source :)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I've joined to this awsome game lately and I should say it's the best RTS game that I've ever played. At the first playing I did enable the feedback function to help developers but I'm not sure how come it works? Do I need to do any else issue?

In Zagros maps I've got a problem and all units move slowly and with Core i 7 CPU and 8Gig Ram With Ubuntu 12.10 OS in my laptop it run's like Tortoise!!

And some options in main menu are disable like campaigne and also I couldn't find any option to set difficulty of game!

Edited by metmet

The feedback is automatic, it sends information about the hardware of your computer (anonymously) to a server we have. That way we can see what equipment players have so we have an idea for example how many players are on each operating system or what features are supported by our players graphics cards :)

The lag is a known problem and one of the things we are focusing on for the future versions of the game (see http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15796 for more known issues).

Disabled options in the main menu are not done yet, and may or may not be included in the final version of the game.

You can not yet set the overall difficulty of the game, but you can set the difficulty of individual AIs by clicking the "Settings" button next to a slot with an AI player in it.