Alpha 14 Planning

Basically, each unit has an armor level (actually 3, for pierce, hack, and crush) and a percentage is calculated from that level. Then, any attacks that hit take that percentage less damage. Here's an example: a unit has level 3 pierce armor and gets shot by a 20 pierce arrow. Level 3 is 27% damage reduction, so the unit only takes 15 damage, instead of 20. The reason it's in level instead of percentages directly is so that techs can simply increment the level instead of messing around with percentages.

Really all the user needs to know is the higher the level the less damage their units take. :P

It should also be mentioned that each higher level of armor makes the unit receive 10% less damage per strike. So, going from level 1 hack armor to level 2 hack armor means that unit will receive 10% less damage from hack attacks than before. The same is true if you go from level 8 to level 9.

• 2 weeks later...

See if you guys like this: http://trac.wildfire...changeset/13407

Changeset 13407

Timestamp: 2013-05-15 08:11:20 (less than one hour ago)

Author: michael

New train time techs. For most factions, you choose either faster training infantry or faster training cavalry (either one unlocks Conscription, which boosts batch training considerably). For Persians, you get to research both at the barracks and stables, which unlocks conscription techs for both buildings. For Persians, I also moved the champion unlock tech to their Palace (Apadana), which now unlocks the "Immortals" technology (the tech that makes the Anusiya train twice as fast).

Files:

7 added 8 edited

Test it out and see if it works. Suggest some tech portrait designs too. I find myself having to reuse a lot of the existing tech portraits.

Alpha123 i see in corral garrison capscity. that why this is the reason, I thought they had already .

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Images2/Military/Achaemenid_Army.jpg[\IMG]

A detail of soldier in this pic, can be used to do a good icon. May be changing perspective.

I was found many interesting images in this page.

http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/History/hakhamaneshian/AchaemenidMilitaryEquip.htm

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I had to look a bit to find the "enable heroes" button. To me, that one belongs to the building which can create heroes (this differs from civilisation to civilisation).

Apart from that, It was a nice experience. The changes since last alpha have a positive effect on gameplay.

I don't like the idea of researching something at one place and having it affect another. I'd be wondering what happened to the other tech.

I also think that having one tech available in multiple buildings breaks our concept.

Of course you have to do that because you need to show their relation in the gui (only one of them can be researched). Why don't we use the blacksmith to solve this problem?

I don't think it's a problem there when it affects another building because it is clearly meant to be a "tech-research building".

I also think that having one tech available in multiple buildings breaks our concept.

Of course you have to do that because you need to show their relation in the gui (only one of them can be researched). Why don't we use the blacksmith to solve this problem?

I don't think it's a problem there when it affects another building because it is clearly meant to be a "tech-research building".

But the Blacksmith is supposed to be the weapons and armor research building. Unlocking units and researching health and speed go to the Barracks. What I could see is keeping the Champions available in the Fortress by default (without the need for an unlocking tech), but requiring an unlocking tech in the Barracks to unlock their training in the Barracks. How to do this? Only way I see, is to double up the Champion entities so that the ones available in the Barracks have a different <RequiredTechnology>. Any other ideas?

And if we choose in barrack between alternate unit , for example Romans don't have archers, and include a research the research can be a pair between archers and cavalry ranged? Or have to select 2 champions units of 3.if you select 2 of them you can't select more.

Is example elect possible pair of units. Archers or ranged.

With Persian we have to choose better horse archer, and other unit.

That is a idea.

Research some tactic formations when we have battalions, or special guerrilla warfare tactics, like ability to do traps over ground. Or make decoys. And war invents like Archimedes of Syracuse.

War medicine, training levels to have more fast and hp units. Something like ruthless Spartan training.

I love the idea of the Blacksmith , but in my opinion fix the fps/lag issues or make the game run smoothy are more important.

The addition of another building does not require much thought, or skill in programming, so anybody could do it, even me. Having some artists model the buildings required wouldn't take away from the work on the performance issue, since we can't do it anyway, so don't worry, this addition won't slow down progress on the performance problems :)

The addition of another building does not require much thought, or skill in programming, so anybody could do it, even me. Having some artists model the buildings required wouldn't take away from the work on the performance issue, since we can't do it anyway, so don't worry, this addition won't slow down progress on the performance problems :)

Thank you ;)

So far, we have exponential armor and blacksmith (WIP), right? I think the multiplayer lobby also got a huge step forward, what's the progress report on that? I also think trample damage is worked upon. If all those got finished, we'd probably have a decent A14 already.