Relics proposals

idanwin

12 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I prefer a kind of cart similar to capturarle packed siege, more easily, but indeed slow very slow... Its supposedly our first "mode relic" is based in Alexander death body and the successors fighting to keep the body.

1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

IMG_3228.JPG

this can already be done with existing code.

Don't mind whether relics are like treasure to be picked up (#28), transpoted and potentially garrisoned into a building or whether it becomes a moving unit. The latter sounds a bit more dynamic for gameplay and wouldn't require any further code changes (just a new Identity class).

Don't have to mention that I want to see a relic victiory condition.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Palaiogos said:

Would it make a small trickle of metal? AOK had their relics have a small trickle of gold.

I would prefer AOM style relics with unique buffs, e.g. +10% archer attack, +10% gather rate, spawning (and respawning after death) a special unit (e.g. a hero or a few champions), a resource trickle, etc.

Or player could choose the relic type in game setup: no effect, metal trickle (AOK) or unique effects (AOM)

Edited by Palaxin

16 hours ago, Palaxin said:

I would prefer AOM style relics with unique buffs, e.g. +10% archer attack, +10% gather rate, spawning (and respawning after death) a special unit (e.g. a hero or a few champions), a resource trickle, etc.

Or player could choose the relic type in game setup: no effect, metal trickle (AOK) or unique effects (AOM)

Ideally it can be useful to influence morale and let the increase in morale handle the productivity boost of citizens - especially those that visited the relic e.g. in exhibitions or those that have an interest to story telling and magic or similar.

-

In terms of Gundestrup Cauldron what really fascinates me is this dolphin rider:

Spoiler

690x_.jpg

May it be that there have been individuals that may have really loved fantasy stories like lord of the rings or magic wizard worlds as we have the luck to enjoy nowadays? just wow

I think it could be implemented in a little hacky way.

Give to relic a "wonder" attribute, movement, and make them able to be captured and to be indestructible. Plus wonder victory enabled. For a 1 relic wonder victory.

Alternative: make a building buildable only with a X numbers of relics, and instead of giving the wonder victory to the relics, give that to the building.

Edited by av93
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 8:41 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

But unique bonus based in what?

I mean that each relic has a different effect/bonus which makes them more interesting. The effects can be very different and one civilization or strategy will benefit from a relic with a special bonus more than another. A relic may even be useless in rare cases.

10 hours ago, Radagast. said:

Ideally it can be useful to influence morale and let the increase in morale handle the productivity boost of citizens - especially those that visited the relic e.g. in exhibitions or those that have an interest to story telling and magic or similar.

We don't have morale implemented. But a gather speed buff could be an example of an unique relic effect. How would citizens visit exhibitions in an RTS?