[RESOLVED] Cannot alter match setup options in Alpha 12 Loucetios

sumghai

The announcement for the Alpha 12 Loucetios release stated that new "Match Setup Options" would be available to alter the population cap and starting resources for each player.

I installed Loucetios via the standard win32 release package .exe, but found that the settings in the More Options dialog could not be changed (i.e. no drop down menu appears) under Single Player

post-15214-0-34366400-1361257811_thumb.j

Multiplayer also suffers from this issue, with the interesting appearance of a "Cheats" checkbox (which I presume would have been for Single Player?)

post-15214-0-51663100-1361258203_thumb.j

Have I installed Loucetios incorrectly, or forgot to enable a setting in the configuration files?

(FYI - I am running a Win 7 64-bit system / Core 2 Duo T7500 2.20 2.20 GHz / 3.00 GB RAM)

Thanks in advance.

Hello sumghai! welcome to the forums.

You are not able to change the match options because you are not allowed to do so on a "Scenario" match mode. If you want to customize that options, you should change the match type to "random" and you'll have access to them.

Scenarios are meant to have a defined set of conditions to play them. That's why you're not allowed to change them.

The same happens in multiplayer. Have fun! :D

Though we might add a skirmish mode that allows playing scenarios with different options. I wonder if we could make these differences clearer in the UI?

Maybe label the button something other than "More options" in scenario mode, since they aren't really options (except the 'cheats' check box). More like presets.

You are not able to change the match options because you are not allowed to do so on a "Scenario" match mode. If you want to customize that options, you should change the match type to "random" and you'll have access to them.

Scenarios are meant to have a defined set of conditions to play them. That's why you're not allowed to change them.

The same happens in multiplayer.

Ah, I see. An oversight on my part. Thanks for the pointer!

Have fun! :D

Will do :)

Though we might add a skirmish mode that allows playing scenarios with different options. I wonder if we could make these differences clearer in the UI?

Maybe label the button something other than "More options" in scenario mode, since they aren't really options (except the 'cheats' check box). More like presets.

If possible, maybe an additional message in the dialog along the lines of "Match Options are not available in Scenario mode. To change these settings, switch to Random mode."